It’s Here!

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
I have wanted a scrollers drill by Seyco for quite a while. Every time I tried to order one they were out of stock. Then…success! It was in my mailbox Saturday! So much quieter than the dremel!
The drill bit changes are just like in a drill press! Easy!

Attachments

• AC23CA5B-7552-42BA-9D2E-10C5EFE2A32E.jpeg
    AC23CA5B-7552-42BA-9D2E-10C5EFE2A32E.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 165
  • B204A8AA-3D08-4307-88E4-CE095E391336.jpeg
    B204A8AA-3D08-4307-88E4-CE095E391336.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 164

bob vaughan

Bob Vaughan
Senior User
That's a slick little purpose-built little drill motor rig. I can see where that would be very handy. Someone was thinking.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
It appears they have re-engineered the drill, and looks to be a much improved design. I have the original model that wasn't that well designed in that when the whole head had too much play flexing the bit far too much causing breakage of the bit. I'd sure like your opinion of how well it works for you Berta--might consider purchasing the new model. Congratulations and enjoy!

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
When we're able to get back together at Klingspor, you'll have to demo it at one of the scrolling club meetings!
We just had our first meeting Saturday, 08/28 at Cary Klingspor’s. They aren’t open on Sunday. We are having our next one Sunday 11/26 at The Walnut Street park in Cary. 2pm. We are having a meeting at Klingspor’s in November I think. I wonder if the park has electricity in the pavilion. I also wonder if it will be open. We will find out. I am bringing a card table and 4 chairs just in case.

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
It appears they have re-engineered the drill, and looks to be a much improved design. I have the original model that wasn't that well designed in that when the whole head had too much play flexing the bit far too much causing breakage of the bit. I'd sure like your opinion of how well it works for you Berta--might consider purchasing the new model. Congratulations and enjoy!
I do like it. I was using the dremel with the plunge base. This is much easier to change the drill bit. Much less force required to push, and doesn’t shift around.
It worked great. It is built for a large hand, mine are small. Tools seem to be designed by men, for men. I am working it out. I do love it!

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Berta I know that you are happy. For non scroll saw people this is the link to the actual product. About the only thing better for doing this work is a radial arm drill press with a chuck that accepts micro bits. Of course the radial arm drill press and chuck is a lot more money.

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
I set it on my wood with pattern attached, pressing the red button with my thumb to turn it on, and push down on the top for it to drill the hole. Then I release and it springs back up. I move it to the next spot and drill the next one.
This should be a link to the video of it explained by an expert. Log into Facebook

Attachments

• D295E5CC-743B-49F9-AFD9-3ED6555B7CFE.jpeg
    D295E5CC-743B-49F9-AFD9-3ED6555B7CFE.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 81
  • AD8AE9AF-FEE6-438C-AEEC-7B2FC27E0AFF.jpeg
    AD8AE9AF-FEE6-438C-AEEC-7B2FC27E0AFF.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 85
  • ECEA797E-46B6-4E9B-A99A-782D9A13044D.jpeg
    ECEA797E-46B6-4E9B-A99A-782D9A13044D.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 74

bob vaughan

Bob Vaughan
Senior User
I'm really impressed with that little drill. There's nothing else on the market I know of that can compete for that price.
I guess if you wanted to drill a bigger hole for a bigger blade, there's always bits like this: M.A. FORD 30618750 3/16" Size 130° Solid Carbide Circuit Board Drill

I've got a little circuit board drill for drilling tiny holes (Servo 7000) but it sure isn't something I want to be moving around over a piece of wood. The Albrecht 70020 chuck costs almost three times what that Seyco drill sells for.

1     servo 7000 - 1.jpg

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
I'm really impressed with that little drill. There's nothing else on the market I know of that can compete for that price.
I guess if you wanted to drill a bigger hole for a bigger blade, there's always bits like this: M.A. FORD 30618750 3/16" Size 130° Solid Carbide Circuit Board Drill

I've got a little circuit board drill for drilling tiny holes (Servo 7000) but it sure isn't something I want to be moving around over a piece of wood. The Albrecht 70020 chuck costs almost three times what that Seyco drill sells for.

View attachment 204121
I can use many different size drill bits in it. The smallest bit I own is a #70.
There is 1 1/2” from the bottom of the chuck to the bottom of the foot. Press the button and it’s on, let go of the button and it’s off. Standard type of chuck key.

bob vaughan

Bob Vaughan
Senior User
I can use many different size drill bits in it. The smallest bit I own is a #70.
There is 1 1/2” from the bottom of the chuck to the bottom of the foot. Press the button and it’s on, let go of the button and it’s off. Standard type of chuck key.

That chuck looks like it will open wide enough to take a bit with a 1/4" shank.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS