ISO/WTB 14" Bandsaw

CCEX3

New User
corey
Only requirement is that it must be 110v. Outside of that, ideally >= 1 1/2 HP, and decent size iron table. Not a brand loyalist here, but Laguna, Grizzly, and Rikon appear to have the best reviews online, and JET does not. Obviously reviews are highly subjective and by nature skew pretty hard to the negative side.

Unrelated, as I'll pay cash upon procurement, I will no longer need my Rikon 10-306, if someone is looking to downsize we can swap saws + cash.

Last edited:

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
Corey - It helps us to know where you are - if you are in WNC then a BS on the coast is not likely of interest.
Please advise.

CCEX3

New User
corey
Thanks, Henry. You bring up a valid point. I’m in Charlotte, but I’m willing to drive most anywhere if the price is right.

thrt15nc

New User
Tom
I have this one with the extension. I'm thinking $300 and I'll let the roller base come with it.

Tom

Attachments

• Grizzly bandsaw.jpg
    Grizzly bandsaw.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 154

CCEX3

New User
corey
Hey Tom, thanks for the offer, and this might work.

Quick question for you, what is the realistic re-saw capacity on this? both in size and limitation w/ a 1HP motor.

thrt15nc

New User
Tom
Hey Tom, thanks for the offer, and this might work.

Quick question for you, what is the realistic re-saw capacity on this? both in size and limitation w/ a 1HP motor.
Since the guard runs into the wingnut on the safety bar, resaw is about 7 inches. I've done very little "resawing" with it. I think I've cut 3/4 inch slabs off a large chuck of walnut about 6 inches wide, but that's about it. Using the 1/2 wide blade, it worked, but it was slow. A couple extra blades will come with it.

Attachments

• Blade 1.jpg
    Blade 1.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 140
  • Blade 2.jpg
    Blade 2.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 130
  • Blade resaw height.jpg
    Blade resaw height.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 135
  • Blade resaw limit.jpg
    Blade resaw limit.jpg