ISO Planer

DSWalker

David
Corporate Member
Casually looking for a replacement planer for my 13" Ridgid. It has broken a couple of sprockets, which I have replaced. Now whatever 'internal' hardware that drives the shaft to roll the sprockets has failed. That must have happened on the second break, I just didn't know it. I may break it down and see what I can find internally before making a decision on replacing. If the right deal is out there... it could help me decide. lol

Open to any make/model. I'm okay with a new and/or old iron. There are several similar tabletop models available locally on the Raleigh CL. Just checking here first.

Let me know if you have anything available. I prefer to keep my search within an hour or so of Raleigh, but would travel further for the right deal.

Thanks.

Grimmy2016

Administrator
Scott
Casually looking for a replacement planer for my 13" Ridgid. It has broken a couple of sprockets, which I have replaced. Now whatever 'internal' hardware that drives the shaft to roll the sprockets has failed. That must have happened on the second break, I just didn't know it. I may break it down and see what I can find internally before making a decision on replacing. If the right deal is out there... it could help me decide. lol

Open to any make/model. I'm okay with a new and/or old iron. There are several similar tabletop models available locally on the Raleigh CL. Just checking here first.

Let me know if you have anything available. I prefer to keep my search within an hour or so of Raleigh, but would travel further for the right deal.

Thanks.
Any requirements on size, or voltages? spiral or knives?

DSWalker

David
Corporate Member
Any requirements on size, or voltages? spiral or knives?
I currently have the bench top model [and this is all I've ever had], so not sure about the knives. I assume the spiral are better? Open to all and I wouldn't mind an upgrade, but don't have a ton of cash sitting around either for the new and/or big models.

I do have 220 ran in the shop. Single phase only.

old-delta

Wes
Senior User
I've had the Dewalt 735 for 5 years now. It has done a good job so far. I did upgrade it to the helical head 3 years ago. Makes a world of difference on Maple and Oak.

gator

George
Corporate Member
I have an old (15 or so years) DeWalt 733. It has real knives that can be, and have been, sharpened. I have had no problems and have no reason to ever change out for my use.
George

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
Dewalt planner
Posted 3 Pm Tuesday, won't last long at this price I expect.
Link is to RDU CL ad. You show a Four Oaks location, but I thought I would pass this on directly, since I am uncertain where Four Oaks is.

Last edited:

DSWalker

David
Corporate Member
Dewalt planner
Posted 3 Pm Tuesday, won't last long at this price I expect.
Link is to RDU CL ad. You show a Four Oaks location, but I thought I would pass this on directly, since I am uncertain where Four Oaks is.
Ha, whatever it was... it's already gone. Thanks though! Four Oaks is about where I-40 and I-95 cross [Benson].

I work in downtown Raleigh, so anything in/around Raleigh would work.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS