Is this a good deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gcgarner

New User
Chris
Hey guys. New here. This is my first post.

I ran across some shop equipment I am interested in. The main pieces are:

- 15-1/2" Craftsman drill press
- Craftsman industrial router table w/ router and around 20 bits
- Craftsman 12" band saw

Also included with the deal is

- 5000 watt Generac generator
- 1/2" Milwaukee drill
- Milwaukee Sawzall
- 6" bench grinder
- Hand-held 3x21 belt sander
- 4" Bench vice
- 2 tool boxes
- 8" dovetail joint fixture
- Shop-Vac
- Several hand planers
- Router guide
- Gas Homelite blower
- Lots of clamps
- 40-piece socket set
- Corner clamps

All this for $1,000. Everything works and is in decent shape. Is this a decent deal? Thanks!

bigcat4t9r

New User
Randy
Let me know about the "hand planers" - I'd be interested in buying them if you don't want them (provided they're not complete junkers).

Definitely agree on the lowball - go in person and have cash....make it hard for him to turn it down. Good luck.

gcgarner

New User
Chris
I'm going to go check it out tomorrow. I would feel comfortable with $800 I think. A lot of it I will sell anyway. I need a router table (and I want to keep my hand-held router w/o having to mount and unmount it from the table) and a floor-model drill press would be nice, too. The 12" Craftsman bandsaw is pretty much a toy I think, but I'm not a pro or anything. And the generator will be a great companion to my camper. I will definitely let you know about the hand planers.

Oh ... and I've wanted a gas blower for a while now, too :rolf:

merrill77

Master Scrap Maker
Chris
All this for $1,000. Everything works and is in decent shape. Is this a decent deal? Thanks!

Seems a bit steep to me, but everyone values things differently. Particularly if you don't want a lot of it. "Decent" shape doesn't get me any closer to that price. "Like new" might.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
It's hard to tell from the list. If "lots of clamps" means 25 Bessey or JET or Jorgensen parallel clamps, then that's $500 right there. And those fancy tool boxes with ball bearing drawers can be worth several hundred dollars each. If, on the other hand, "lots of clamps" means 8 Harbor Freight bar clamps...well you get the idea.

Good luck tomorrow - hope this turns out to be a deal!

gcgarner

New User
Chris
Actually, I am going to pass it up. It always helps to sleep on it. While the generator would be nice to have for my camper, I really only want a nice router table and drill press. This is a "take it all or nothing" type deal. I don't need all the other stuff. Thanks for the input though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS