Is there any interest in a sharpening workshop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member

I see a lot of new faces and some sharpening and hand plane questions.

If we have 3-10 folks who are wanting to learn and willing to work we could have a sharpening workshop.

If only a few then maybe at my home shop, if up to 10 then we can see if there is a larger place.

I'm not sure what the forum requirements are now so if a Board member would please inform us we can possibly do this through the forum.

Last edited:

spartyon8

Peter
User
I am just now getting into the hand tool side of things and have restored a few planes. My issue is more confusion on different blade setups. That would be really helpful to me. Thanks for offering, I would be in.

zapdafish

New User
Steve
depending on when I would try and make it. I'm a worksharp guy and have never compared my end result to anything

RedBeard

Burns
Corporate Member
I have been looking around for one in the triangle for a while and haven’t seen anything. Looks like you are a little farther than my wife would let me go. I burned up my good will for the year at the shop crawl this year leaving her with our 2 and 5 yr old...

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Looks like we have enough to ask Bill for the use of his shop in Liberty.

Is that a good location for most of you?

I have March 14 and April 4 open until I hear otherwise.

Either of those preferred?

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
From a Board perspective, we are fine with either date Mike. Once a date is selected, we will get it on the calendar.

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
I can do it schedule wise. That's an early morning to Liberty from Greenville that I have to consider.

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
Mike,
I just realized (slow on the uptake) that I'm scheduled to demo at the NCFS Turners Club meeting 4/4. I can make the 4/11 date.

Last edited:

McRabbet

Rob
Corporate Member
Gene (Dee2),

While you have a bit of a drive to get to Bill's shop for this class, I can assure you that it will be worth the effort. I've attended at least three workshops at Bill Clemmons shop (some that included Mike) and they are very beneficial. And I'd be remiss if I didn't add strong support for your teacher -- Mike Davis is very skillful and knows the keys to successful sharpening. You'll have about a 2 hour drive -- my trips were 3-1/2 hours and all worth the effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS