Is Bosch Following in Makita Footsteps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
For many years, Makita had the cordless drill market to themselves. They were the standard, but still a basic drill. Then DeWalt jumped into the fight, introducing variable speed, keyless chucks, more powerful batteries. etc. Bosch cornered the "laminate trimmer" market with it's Colt. Now DeWalt has introduced their own, which includes a plunge base, which Bosch doesn't have. Is Bosch going to be content to sit on the sidelines and watch DeWalt take market share, or are they going to get off their duffs and come out with a plunge base?

ehpoole

Administrator
Ethan
I got my money on the Bosch Axial-glide router :)

I'm quite interested on Bosch's new SCMS as well, though the $799 price is little steep. Hopefully by the time I'm ready to purchase (probably 1-2 years) the price might have come down by another $100-200, then I'll be a very happy camper.

That said, I've not been able to figure out why nobody ever seems to have thought of moving the slides forward, straddling the blade, rather than jutting out the rear of the saw where they add considerably to its footprint. Bosch's new axial solution is a very clever approach to solving the problem, and I admire that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors