IRS Auctions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willemjm

Willem
Corporate Member
Anyone here buy on auction from them?

How did it go?

How about loading and transportation, they mention they will load on a flat bed only? Does that mean I have to either try and get a trucker to help, or try and rent a flat bed trailer?

nn4jw

New User
Jim
I haven't bought anything from them, but if you get on the email list you'll NEVER be able to get off it. I've been trying off and on for 3 years now.

Robb Parker

New User
Robb
We have purchased many machines over the years from them. Good reputable outfit. Rules are very well detailed and if you follow them, you'll have no issues. We have hand loaded most of our purchases ourselves . However, we bought a 5'x10' Homag CNC router located in Utah where we had to hire a rigger to load and transport to NC. It weighed 20K pounds though. I regularly look at the current auctions for needed machinery. You do have to know the value (at least to yourself) so as not to over pay. Less than 50% is my rule of thumb for well kept items. Take advantage of preview dates if possible.

Last edited:

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
I've bought many items through IRS Auctions. They are not geared for "the little guy" though; usually you have to pay a loading fee if it's a heavy item and you need a flat deck trailer for them to load on.

Small items that can be hand loaded are no big deal.

Each auction will list it's requirements.

You have to pay IMMEDIATELY; typically via an overnighted cashiers check that is sent the day following the auction.

Willemjm

Willem
Corporate Member
Thanks Scott.

Two items one 550lbs, the other about 200lbs. About 600 miles away. Guess I will have to figure out how to get loading done by someone on a flat bed and then reload in my trailer. I will call them to see if they have a contact to help.

chris_goris

Chris
Senior User
Thanks Scott.

Two items one 550lbs, the other about 200lbs. About 600 miles away. Guess I will have to figure out how to get loading done by someone on a flat bed and then reload in my trailer. I will call them to see if they have a contact to help.

Willem, I have bought may things from them over the years. The loading varies depending on where the items are. Each seller has different capabilities. If you have won the items, call them and see what they are willing to do for you.

Stuart Kent

Stuart
Senior User
I too have bought many machines from them over the years. Their descriptions have always been fair for an auction company, and conditions are typically fair also. Definitely a resource for folks that can rig, load, and offload heavy equipment - not so much for hobbyists. The majority of what they sell is 3 phase, and some of it is only high voltage (460 3ph) which cannot be used with small rotary converters.

sandfarm

Joe
User
I have bought several items from IRS auctions. Sometimes the machines are too big to load by hand. Before bidding, I usually check with the IRS rep for that sale to find a rigger that will be loading at that site.
I have made deals with the riggers to load. One even said that he would pallet and band the machine and load when I got there. Fifteen minutes after arriving, I was loaded and on my way back home.
As someone has already stated, each sale is different. Read the options and talk to the IRS rep or sale rep to see what they will do for you. The flat bed rule, I think is for semi trailers. But everyone will be different.

Joe

ck1999

Chris
User
We have bought quite a few items off there for my work. Just have to know your prices and realize the buyer premium and if there is going to be a fee for removal. Sometimes items go a lot more expensive than they should. Or at least higher than I'm willing to pay.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS