Introduction from Davie County

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brad Parsley

New User
Brad
Hello from Davie County

Just leaving a message to introduce myself as a new member and beginning woodworker.

While browsing around on woodworking topics, I ran across this site and forum and have been stuck here reading for days. This is a wonderful resource for anyone in or out of North Carolina.

I've recently begun cleaning out my dad's (past 2 years ago) shop which has been unused for years and getting it to a shape where I can begin learning the basics. The larger tools are still there (table saw, jointer, scroll saw, drill press. band saw was sold off years ago) and I'm adding in my meager collection of hand power tools. I'm also the grandson of a carptenter/contractor on one side and furniture maker (upholstered) on the other, so I have access to their knowledge as well. With all these resources at my hands, it seemed a waste not to dive in a bit and see what happens.

Personally, I'm 27, married 4 years with our first child on the way, college grad (NC State) and a lifelong NC resident who grew up in Davie County and lives in Mocksville. My hobbies include music and computers and my wife and I are very involved with our church.

I have a few projects lined up already, so be ready for a few questions as I make the dive (starting with good recomendations for hardwood suppliers for a beginner around Davie).

Thanks again for this great resource,
Brad

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Hello Brad and welcome to NCWW. I am glad you found us. I am just barely across the river from you in Rowan county just off of US 601. One of the closest hardwood suppliers is right there in Mocksville. Their name is internet lumber company and are a pleasure to deal with, have good prices, and usually a good supply. For other suppliers click on the where are tab and choose NC wood suppliers. Again it is great to have you. Show us some pics of your shop, family, pets, and projects once you get started. If I can help just let me know. I am not the most knowledgeable person in woodworking but have some projects under my belt. Remember, We love pictures.:gar-La;

M

McRabbet

Welcome to the site Brad -- glad that you found us and that you're venturing into the great world of woodworking. We all love the joy of making things in wood for fun and profit so you'll be certain to fit in! Be sure to post some pictures of your shop and projects. And don't be afraid to ask for advice on any woodworking topics -- that's what we are here for!

b4man

New User
Barbara
Hey Brad!
It's great to have you join us and congratulations on your first baby. We do love pix and we also love babies!

woodArtz

New User
Bob
We're glad you found us. Great to have you join our merry band of woodworkers!!! :icon_thum :icon_thum :icon_thum

T

toolferone

Howdy, I am glad you found us. It sounds like you are off to a good start tool wise. Remember we love helping each other out around here and a picture is worth 2000 words on this forum :gar-Bi!!

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Hi Brad,

Welcome. Glad you decided to join us. Always good to have another woodworker sign in. Please do tell us about projects, your shop, etc. And remember; we love photos.

Ray

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Hi Brad, and welcome! Looks like you have everything lined up for a great hobby here, tools, knowledge, family tradition, and NCWW of course! Don't hesitate to share some pictures - pictures of your shop, projects, family, house, pets, we like everything.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Welcome Brad, I am glad that you could join us. Thanks for the intro :icon_thum I look forward to your input in the forums and seeing some pics of your work, shop, family pets etc.

Dave:)

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Welcome Brad!!

I retired about 3 years ago, found this site and have used it many, many times to get answer's to questions about the craft. These guys and gals have come through for me every time I post a question!:thumbs_up

We sure would like to see some pictures as your shop comes together and the projects start to roll out.:wsmile:

Post often and by all means take care around all those power tools!

Wayne

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Welcome to our little Play-pen Brad!! Great folks here always willing to help. We look forward to your contributions to the site.
Psssst, in case you didn't hear yet....WE LOVE PICTURES!!:gar-La;

Brad Parsley

New User
Brad
Thanks for the warm responses. It's always good to feel welcome.

I'll get some pictures up once there's something to show a good picture of. I'm seeing that the rule here is "pics or it didn't happen." Luckily, I like to take pictures (www.picasaweb.google.com/bdparsley is where I keep most of them)

nelsone

New User
Ed
Welcome! Glad you found our little corner of the net! Love the pics from MerleFest! I'd love to go one of these years. Feel free to ask questions!!!

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
Brad welcome aboard.....Clayton,Nc here.....lots of great woodworkers here that can answer almost any question you have......Hope you enjoy

Dirk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS