Introducing The Stanley Family.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

redhawknc1

New User
Wayne
Well, kinda got into hand tools a while back.....Especially like planes!
I think these are my keepers...all tuned and scary sharp! Pleased for now!
A 3.4.4 1/2,5,5 1/4,5 1/2, 6 and a 7. Yep, no 1,2 or 8!
keepers2.jpg

So what to do with these?
extras.jpg

And a family picture!
stanleyfamily.jpg

Now if I can get the other side of the family to mix in...The Lie-Nielsons, but they are a small family right now.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Ok, so I was getting ready to welcome a new member to the site:eusa_doh::eusa_doh:.

Nice collection of planes. I hope the two families marry well together.

Last edited:

redhawknc1

New User
Wayne
Had 'em all together in 1 spot, couldn't resist the photo op! And I gotta get them off the kichen table before the wife gets home!

sapwood

New User
Roger
Had 'em all together in 1 spot, couldn't resist the photo op! And I gotta get them off the kichen table before the wife gets home!

:rolf: And I was wondering about your "tile" shop wall and trying to figure out how you hung them up :BangHead:

Fine looking family though :icon_thum

Roger

DaveO

New User
DaveO
:rolf: And I was wondering about your "tile" shop wall and trying to figure out how you hung them up :BangHead:

Fine looking family though :icon_thum

Roger

Strange minds think alike, you just beat me to it.

Dave:)

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Nice collection Wayne! But...looks like some inbreeding in that family if you ask me :)

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
Beautiful family picture. Looks like one of the #5s is a cousin. Guess we now know why there is a dearth of nice planes in the area!! Are all of the "keeper" ones type 15? SWEET!!

Go

redhawknc1

New User
Wayne
Bas, Good eyes. A friend of the family stopped by. Goes by the monger of Bluegrass #5.....Wondered if anyone would catch that.

redhawknc1

New User
Wayne
Sold 1 very nice #4 today. Trying to thin them down. It's hard like it is with all tools. Right now I store them on shelves in my incomplete workshop (3 car garage that I took over). My next project is a tool cabinet similar to the one in ShopNotes Magazine this month. My plan is to make it a handtools cabinet only. Saw till, planer till, marking tools,etc...my galooting tools. Even thought about it being my first handtool only project. That would be a 1st for me. I still love my tailed tools also! But I don't have the proper router planes I would need for joinery on the fronts. See, need more planes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS