Intro from the shop

kserdar

Ken
Senior User
I have been lurking in here for a couple of years. So I guess it is time to say hello.

A little history:
My parents were both school teachers. Thus, every summer my father did home construction and remodeling.
I started working on his "crew" at about the age of 14. When I say crew - my father, 2 older brothers, myself and usually another teacher.
Since, this was small towns in the central Illinois. It was mostly roofing, additions and remodels.

Because of this "skill", I have been making sawdust ever since.
I wouldn't call my projects fine wood working, but they have passed the wife inspection.

Here in NC, I was lucky to get my shop built before my house. But I still haven't got all the tools placed to my liking yet.
Considering my degree (Computer Science), I have embraced the digital side of woodworking.
I own a CNC router table, small CNC lathe, small CNC mill, 3D printer and Laser cutter.

Ken Serdar

pop-pop

Man with many vises
Corporate Member
I have been lurking in here for a couple of years. So I guess it is time to say hello.

A little history:
My parents were both school teachers. Thus, every summer my father did home construction and remodeling.
I started working on his "crew" at about the age of 14. When I say crew - my father, 2 older brothers, myself and usually another teacher.
Since, this was small towns in the central Illinois. It was mostly roofing, additions and remodels.

Because of this "skill", I have been making sawdust ever since.
I wouldn't call my projects fine wood working, but they have passed the wife inspection.

Here in NC, I was lucky to get my shop built before my house. But I still haven't got all the tools placed to my liking yet.
Considering my degree (Computer Science), I have embraced the digital side of woodworking.
I own a CNC router table, small CNC lathe, small CNC mill, 3D printer and Laser cutter.

Ken Serdar
Welcome, Ken!

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Welcome! Sounds like you've got your priorities straight as far as workshop and house are concerned. As for getting everything in the perfect spot, even if that's possible it only lasts until the next tool you buy.

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
Hello Ken, didn't realize you had never done a formal introduction on here! I guess a formal welcome is due then!

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
Welcome to the forum. I am sure you will be able to produce some wooden CPU chips in no time ...
:D

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome Ken from one (glad-to-be-former) Illinois-ian to another

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS