interesting plane

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
Outside my budget, so I can't even give it room for a thought.

DaltonEdmonds

New User
Dalton
I think it is a neat concept. Definitely way outside my budget. It would be an interesting idea to base a homemade plane on.

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
The Damn Thing better make me coffee in the morning for that kind of price.

Great idea, but you could make one about the same price. And........ I am saying buy the material, buy the mini metal lathe and have at it. In the end, you would have a artsy psycho plane AND ........ a mini lathe ............. :p;):cool:

Dave Richards

Dave
Senior User
I expect the why is because there are people who will buy them. Those are the people who have the immaculate shops that have never had even a single mote of sawdust in them. All the tools are exactly as they were when they came out of their packages when the widow has to sell them. ;)

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
I expect the why is because there are people who will buy them. Those are the people who have the immaculate shops that have never had even a single mote of sawdust in them. All the tools are exactly as they were when they came out of their packages when the widow has to sell them. ;)

Ah! No wonder I didn't know WHY. Definitely not my shop. :eek:

nn4jw

New User
Jim
Those things seem strictly for the collector/investor market. For sure not for the garage out back crowd.... like me.

drw

Donn
Corporate Member
I wasn't familiar with Bridge City Tools, but on a recent trip to Klingspor, they had a small display of various Bridge City Tools...miter gauges, bevel gauges, mini squares, etc. The tools caught my eye because they all had a very distinctive look (they were also in a small free standing locked case). While I was curious, after seeing the prices I understood the need for the case...I looked but wasn't tempted to buy.

cmboggs

Chris
User
If you read the bio of the founder, John Economaki, a lot their design and price makes sense. I will admit, from time to time I like to use my more 'fancy' tools just so I can feel 'fancy' about the work I am doing.

However, the price is just ridiculous for what they are now offering. Especially since the company has been sold off.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
At the AAW symposium in July, Bridge City had a drawing for one of their tools. I actually won - it was a 6 inch fancy ruler. It will be the only BC tool I will own

DaltonEdmonds

New User
Dalton
If you read the bio of the founder, John Economaki, a lot their design and price makes sense. I will admit, from time to time I like to use my more 'fancy' tools just so I can feel 'fancy' about the work I am doing.

However, the price is just ridiculous for what they are now offering. Especially since the company has been sold off.
that was a good read. I like his concept about them being like fine furniture, but there is probably no way i would be able to force my self to use one, unless i used it to make the display box for it.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS