Interest in a Jointery Class????

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Congratulations Travis, I hope all goes well. It is nice to be able to plan for a birth, I was awoke at 3:00 am with the infamous statement "we have to go now" I will give the wife a huge prop, she had been in labor since 12:00 but wanted to let me get some sleep. Just remember it didn't happen if you ain't got any pics...so show us the new little one, when you can.
Dave:)

DavidF

New User
David
Re: Date Chosen - Feb 4th!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WG - I took a second to realize you weren't talking about babies there for a minute!!

Football - Ah yes, I know the game - round ball played by premadonna's you call it soc.... something?

Monty

New User
Monty
Re: Date Chosen - Feb 4th!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DavidF said:
Football - Ah yes, I know the game - round ball played by premadonna's you call it soc.... something?
* sigh... * :roll: that's what I was afraid of... looks like some more remedial work is in order for you! :mrgreen:

woodguy1975

New User
John
Anyone Else

Anyone Else for the Jointery Class??????

I've got Tarhead, McRabbet, wsd1089, and B4man so far.

Here is the tools list.

Tools Needed
Dovetail Saw – Japanese or Western
Coping Saw
Chisels – standard set of 4 (1/4”, 3/8”, ½”, ¾”)
Mallet - I like the round head ones
Marking Gage – whatever style you like (I prefer Japanese style)
Pencils
Small pad of paper for notes if you want.
Bevel Gage
Small square – Small machinist if you have one.

Wood
You are going to want lots of practice material.
Size around 4”x12”x1/2” roughly. (As long as they are mostly the same width.)
Bring at least 8 pieces (poplar, maple, oak, whatever) (Not Pine!!!)(No Exotics!!!)
Bring some ¾” stock too – We’ll do some larger dovetailing too. (Probably some sliding dovetails too.)

PM me if you want to go. I'm PMing individuals directions.

Thanks,

John

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
Hi John,
New member here. Just registered today.
Count me in on the class but out on the anchovies!
pete

b4man

New User
Barbara
Thanks John, I have very few of these hand tools so I'll be shopping! I'm feeling the familiar symptoms of our unique communicable disease, named for you of course!:eusa_danc
I'll be ready.
Barbara

Ozzie-x

New User
Randy
Hello John,
I'd really enjoy joining y'all, but will probably just have gotten back from being out of town for several days. When is the drop-dead sign-up date?
My Best
Randy

woodguy1975

New User
John
Ozzie-x said:
Hello John,
I'd really enjoy joining y'all, but will probably just have gotten back from being out of town for several days. When is the drop-dead sign-up date?
My Best
Randy

There isn't one. Anyone is welcome. No signup required.

I'll PM you the tools list.

Thanks,

John

BGlover

New User
Brad
John - I joined recently and would love the opprotunity to come to your class.

Last edited by a moderator:

woodguy1975

New User
John
Everyone have directions, tools list, and materials list?

Did I get all the info to the folks coming for the jointery class? Remember it starts at 10am. Bring coffee if you are a coffee drinker. I don't drink it so I never have it around. :)

Remember to bring your wood, tools, and questions.

Thanks,

John

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
Hi John,
I have my toolbox and thermos loaded up and ready to go . . .

See ya'll on Saturday
pete

b4man

New User
Barbara
Re: Everyone have directions, tools list, and materials list?

John, is there anything else we can bring for refreshments? Biscuits, donuts and the like?

woodguy1975

New User
John
Sure if someone wants to volunteer to pick up some morning snacks that would be really awsome. :icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum

woodguy1975

New User
John
It looks like we will have 8 students and one instructors. :lol:

A big class!!!!!! It's going to be a blast.

See ya,

John

ChrisMathes

New User
Chris Mathes
Barbara, thanks for offering to bring breakfast, but don't buy anything for me, please. I do appreciate your offer, but I can't have dairy/milk, so I will take care of myself.

..speaking of which, John, are there any fast food restaraunts nearby you or should I bring something for myself for lunch? I think getting pizza for the group is a good idea, but I'll just slip out quickly and get a burger or sub or som'n....ok?

....I'm sitting here waiting for UPS to bring my new japanese saw.... :)

Cheers,
Chris

woodguy1975

New User
John
There are a few down the road a few miles. I can tell you how to get to them. There is a subway and Hardees about 5 miles away. I am a little out in the country. LOL

See ya,

John

woodguy1975

New User
John
Cya Tomorrow!!!!!

Well, the day is upon us! I'll see everyone tomorrow morning. :D:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS