Interest in a Jointery Class????

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodguy1975

New User
John
I was wondering if there was interest in having a jointery class in my shop sometime soon. If you are interested speak up. If we get 3 or more individuals I'll look at my schedule and fit it in. :)

Thanks,

John

clowman

Clay Lowman
Corporate Member
Are you talking about a hand tool joinery session? I assume yes, due to the location of the post. But just making sure.

ChrisMathes

New User
Chris Mathes
I may be interested, depending on the date/time/cost/etc. I am sorry to say that I cannot give a firm indication of interest as we have 4 kids 4 & under. :lol:

thx...
Chris

b4man

New User
Barbara
Yes! My only commitments as far as dates go are Feb12-19 and March1-6. Anytime after or in between will work for me.
Barbara

Mountaincraft

New User
William
Too far for me.:crybaby2:
I would really like to learn how to make M&T by hand fast. I pretty much only use free rounded tenons and cut the mortises with a plunge router.

Biscuits rule

Pocket screws rule

machine-aholic:drunken_s

Last edited:

woodguy1975

New User
John
clowman said:
Are you talking about a hand tool joinery session? I assume yes, due to the location of the post. But just making sure.

My primary thought was to have a hands on class doing hand cut dovetails both through and half blind, classic M&T (machine primarily), loose M&T, and maybe a little bit about dowel jointery. The primary focus would definitely be on dovetails.

Cost for the class would be nothing if you bring your own stock and tools to practice with. Along with that I probably will show a little quick and dirty sharpening. The rocker class has a small fee to cover tool wear and tear and my materials I use while teaching. If I have no materials and you bring your own tools, there is no need to charge. :D Although since it will probably be a most of the day thing we might want to order pizza or something. In that case you'll have to chip in for food. :icon_thum

I'll have to think about the date a little. We can work with B4man's schedule since she initiated the request for the class.

Keep chiming in if you are interested. It would be good to know the numbers I'll expect.

Thanks,

John

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Thanks John!
I really enjoyed your program at the Klingspor extravaganza and would love to attend this. Count me in please. I will be attending the Charlotte Woodworkers show on Feb 17 or 18th and traveling on business March 5-13.

Mark

clowman

Clay Lowman
Corporate Member
I think I'm interested. Hand cut DTs would be good to know, but I'm also very interested in the other types you listed. The only date I can't go would be Feb10th weekend. I'll be moving, unless the deal falls through. I just had my house inspected. Man, I feel like I have just been audited, or anal probed... whichever is worse.

Monty

New User
Monty
I'll attend if I can. And I want anchovies on my pizza.

(Not for me, of course... I'll just pack 'em up and bring 'em back to the shop for my little peng... um, nevermind...) :oops:

Last edited by a moderator:

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
insomniac said:
I'll attend if I can. And I want anchovies on my pizza.

(Not for me, of course... I'll just pack 'em up and bring 'em back to the shop for my little peng... um, nevermind...) :oops:

:rotflm: :rotflm: :rotflm:

I'd love to jump in at a later date. If I jump in now I'll never get the projects done that I'm already committed to. Sounds like a great class though.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I would like to, but scheduling will be very difficult for me at this time. So my response is yes, but time may prohibit me.

woodguy1975

New User
John
I'm working on the schedule. With the Rocker class going, it is a little tough. We might be in March. :)

Thanks,

John

woodguy1975

New User
John
Date Chosen - Feb 4th!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did a bit of schedule checking and it looks like the best weekend is going to be Feb 4th. The rocking chair course schedule may shift a little as the wood comes out of the kiln so I really should leave the schedule open for shifts.

Lets call it Saturday Feb 4th. We'll start at 10am and go till whenever we get done. Just PM me if you can come and I'll forward out contact info and directions to my shop.

Thanks,

John

ChrisMathes

New User
Chris Mathes
Re: Date Chosen - Feb 4th!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man..this will be a great weekend..

A full day of woodworking on Saturday and watching the Panthers win the SuperBowl on Sunday!!!:cool:

lwhughes149

New User
Lorraine
Wish you were closer then you could count me in also. Dovetails are on my list of things to do next. Guess I will just have to turn to my local mentor when I get to the drawers of my chest. Thanks for the offer. You folk have fun and know that this little woman would have enjoyed being there. :crybaby2: Lorraine

DavidF

New User
David

Chris - That'll be great! bowling on TV; didn't know it was that popular down here.

Monty

New User
Monty

DavidF said:
bowling on TV; didn't know it was that popular down here.
Come on, man!!! :slap: He's talking about FOOTBALL!!! You know about FOOTBALL, right?!?!?

:p

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member

Well, I definitely cannot go. My wife is having a baby by C section on the 3rd. Maybe next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS