Interest in a bowsaw build workshop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
I'm looking to see how many folks would be interested in doing a bowsaw build workshop. The material cost for this workshop would be $80.00 plus a donation of $30.00 to the website. The donation can go straight to the website, and the material fee can be payed directly to me at the workshop. Cash or check.

This will be a hand tool workshop the tools needed will be marking knife, square, 1/4" mortise chisel, mortise gauge, marking gauge, 3/4" chisel, a coping saw, a spokeshave, a rasp, a small back saw (a small dovetail saw will work), a 1/4" bradpoint bit or a 1/4" bit and brace.

attachment.php

This is the saw that I propose we make, the wood will be mahogany for the frame, Hickory for the knobs, two brass pins and three 12" blades.

The place would be Bill Clemmons shop in Liberty,
we can facilitate 6 participants.
the date I had in mind would be April 28th
start time 10:00 am until we are finished, probably around 4pm.
this is a fun build and a really handy tool for anyone's tool kit.

David Justice
Michael Mathews

Attachments

• IMG_2647.JPG
    IMG_2647.JPG
    572.1 KB · Views: 392
Last edited:

Graywolf

Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
I sure could use about 4 more to round this up! The dates good.

Graywolf

Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
Just so folks know, I have to order materials for this workshop and would like to order sooner rather than later. I certainly do not want to over order and or under order these items. So please if your interested in this workshop please sign up soon so I can place the order, thanks

cmboggs

Chris
User
I'd be interested in the workshop, however that is the only weekend that doesn't work for me. If you are in a pinch for people signing up, I can just order materials for the workshop.

Graywolf

Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
Bummer, would love to have both of you there. That said I'll give it one more week and place the order for hardware. Thanks.

Jak3

New User
Jacob
I'd be interested!

I will have to check with my parents if it's ok. However I don't have a mortise gauge (I do have two marking gauges though), also don't have a brad point bit or a mortise chisel. I'll have to check and see if I have a 1/4" bit.

Graywolf

Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
Jacob, I think if you can get with your parents and have the material cost plus the make the donation to the web site then we would be glad to have you and I'm sure we will have enough tools to share between me and the others. So let me know and I'll add you to the list.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
I'd be interested!

I will have to check with my parents if it's ok. However I don't have a mortise gauge (I do have two marking gauges though), also don't have a brad point bit or a mortise chisel. I'll have to check and see if I have a 1/4" bit.

As Richard said, we've got all the tools here if you don't have them. You're welcome to use any of my tools.

Jak3

New User
Jacob
Sure thing!

Thank you for your kindness and generosity.
I'm going to get the money together and check with them and I'll get back to you today or tomorrow for sure whether I will be attending.

Graywolf

Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
OK gentleman, I'm placing the order for hardware tomorrow evening, so if your not on the list please chime in.

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
oh no.... I have a conflict on the 28th

I'm committed to the farm days event at my friends farm both Saturday and Sunday..... I hate to bow out this late. But I have no choice. I'd be happy to reschedule if everyone agrees.

David Justice

David
Corporate Member
Too bad Michael, I am still good for the 28th, but I'd hate for you to do all the work for only 1 person. I can reschedule, it's no problem.

Graywolf

Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
OK then, well if the April 28th isn't good, how would June 16th sound!

Graywolf

Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
Ok I'll start a new thread with you two fellows on the list already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS