Insulating fiberglass garage shop doors

Status
Not open for further replies.

weelis

New User
weelis
I need to do the above and am wondering what the best way to do it is. Should I just use the regular batten insulation and tape it on or is there another method that is better? Appreciate any help. Thnx.

Sealeveler

Tony
Corporate Member
There are kits you can buy that give more of a finished look.I used the 1" blue foam and cut for a tight fit and wedged a 45 piece on the bottom to lock it in.Works great with heat and cold.
Tony

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
Y ou can get 1"or 3/4" blue bd from the big box...shold fit in the slats of your door......

kommon_sense

New User
Tavaris
I'm using reflectix foil insulation on my garage door. It has done a great job for me. I ordered a large roll from Amazon for about $100 (only used 1/2 the roll) last year and took advantage of the 30% tax credit that was offered on insulation last year.

You can also find reflectix at lowes. It looks like bubble wrap with foil on both sides. My belt-driven garage door opener now opens the door slower, but the reflectix is one of the lighter weight options available. Cut it down to size and use a caulk gun to spread adhesive on the garage door, and you can be done in an hour or so.

bluedawg76

New User
Sam
I used a kit from Lowes called the insulfoam 9' garage door insulation kit. It makes a noticeable difference but not sure how it compares to other products. I had to order it as it wasn't carried local.

HTH,
Sam

timf67

New User
Tim
I just duct taped the batten type to my door. it is an aluminum door that had no insulation. It worked okay, but it is heavy and the insulation sometimes trips the sensor keeping the door from closing

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
:widea:I used foam board cut to fit the panels and attached the pieces with liquid nail. Fast, cheap, effective, but would probably never make the cover of Better Homes And Gardens.:tinysmile_tongue_t:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS