Inspiration to make end tables

Status
Not open for further replies.

weelis

New User
weelis
I want to make some end tables, but I need inspiration regarding design. Could any of you out there post pics of your end tables(or night tables) so that I can get ideas re size, shape, leg configuration? I have the desire but:dontknow: am lacking in the creative design department. Thanks to any and all.

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
Here's a couple of my designs, may give you some ideas:

End_Table_12_.JPG

View image in gallery

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
Online "catalogs' of furniture places supply lots of pictures; Restoration Hardware, Williams-Sonoma, Ethan Allen, Ikea, Thomasville - there are many others. These should provide lots of visuals to help pick a style. Joe's picture above already show an amazing range.

Many of the online places also provide overall dimensions - that should give you sense of the 'standard' sizes. I have to say though that one great reason to build your own is to provide something that fits the space - you are not limited to 'standard' sizes. Good proportions in a piece certainly help the look, but you can up or downscale pieces to fit your usage.

I know I am not answering exactly what you asked, but I am providing the methods I use when I go about the type of project you are asking about.

Henry

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
I am in the middle of building a small side table for one of my daighters out of QSRO. She went to the Pottery Barn website and selected this one.

img35m.jpg

The site had all of the basic dimensions and I just customized them to the space she had.

Here are some more simple tables I have done for the family. (Very simple designs.)

Shaker_Table.jpg

Night_Table_4.jpg

DSC006121.JPG

100_2502.jpg

100_1031.jpg

100_07271.jpg

You are no doubt seeing my four daughters design preference's which makes it easy for the old man!:wsmile:

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS