Industrial 30" pedestal fan

David Turner

David
Corporate Member
It is always hot in my 2 car garage workshop so I purchased a HD industrial two speed 6400/8400 cfm fan. Wow does it move some air, too much. And the noise is deafing. I have to wear my hearing protection even while perfoming hand tool work.
Question for you electrical experts. Can I purchase some sort of rheostat (sp?) that would allow the fan speed to be regulated/reduced?
David Turner

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
Yes Grainger sells one that turns on power at a set temperature. Some others HVAC supply houses do as well, I don't know the stores out in your areas, but I do know Grainger does. Figuring out what they call it is the challenge

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
To control the speed we would need more information on the motor. A photo of the motor label should suffice and the fan make and model would help

David Turner

David
Corporate Member
To control the speed we would need more information on the motor. A photo of the motor label should suffice and the fan make and model would help
Strongway Model 49939

Attachments

• Fan#1.JPG
    Fan#1.JPG
    76.3 KB · Views: 106
  • Fan#2.JPG
    Fan#2.JPG
    75.1 KB · Views: 111

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Yes Grainger sells one that turns on power at a set temperature. Some others HVAC supply houses do as well, I don't know the stores out in your areas, but I do know Grainger does. Figuring out what they call it is the challenge
That's a thermostat, not a speed regulator. I know you can get speed regulators for shadded pole motors

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS