INCRA TS-LS table saw fence... Should I?

Warped Woodwerks

Senior User
I have a 36" SawStop PCS, and I've been (casually) contemplating for a few years, if I should upgrade the T-Glide fence to the INCRA TS-LS Fence.

If anyone is not familiar with INCRA's table saw fence:

1677591434224.png

My t-glide is a decent fence, but when you are trying to get that repeatability... šŸ˜•
Always close, but never spot on. *tap tap tap* still a hair off.

Do I need that extreme precision? I am not sure, (I think it would be nice to have) so that is why I am here. Would I love that repeatability? Of course, who wouldn't?

Anyways...

I've watched a lot of videos (recently & over the years), read a good amount of reviews, but unsure if I should click the "complete order" button. As of recent, I've been real close... but still thinking.

I know the fence center support sticks out to the right, about 30" from the wood insert table when it's at the 32" rip mark, but I have space for that.
I'd like to know if anyone here has the INCRA table saw fence. If so, I'd like to hear your thoughts, opinions on if I should, or shouldn't get the fence, etc. Even if you do not have the fence.. still chime in.

I know it is my money, and ultimately the choice is up to me...but I'd still like input.

Bent's Woodworking & More: Video on the SS PCS and Incra Fence
Bent's Woodworking & More: Installation video of the INCRA TS-LS on SS PCS

Thanks.

creasman

Jim
Staff member
Corporate Member
I've had one of these installed on my saw for about 20 years. It's a great fence. Once you get it set up (one-time operation) you are able to lock in instantly on any 1/32" increment. It has a finer adjustment know that will allow you to get even more precise, but I rarely ever use this. Mine also came with

Pros:
  • Super easy to set.
  • Repeatable accuracy.
  • Easy to remove and restore the fence without readjustment.
  • Adjustment bar allows for multiple scales. These allow for easy/quick setup at other increments (i.e., like having a multi-scale ruler).
  • Front and back clamps for when you need to lock it down tight. For example, I do this if I'm ripping something big, like a sheet of plywood. Otherwise, not necessary.
Cons:
  • Not intended for smaller table saws. I have a Delta contractor saw and had to install additional supports to make it work (worth the effort, though). Should not be an issue on your SawStop.
  • The bar does extend out as you noted when setting to wider widths. Not a big problem if you have the space.
  • The bar isn't very high. I added a 3/4" piece of UHMW plastic to mine. This also protects the fence should the blade bump it.
  • It was a bit pricy when I bought mine. I probably spent as much on the fence as I did on my saw (but then, I have an inexpensive saw).
Hope this helps,
Jim

holstein13

New User
Paul
I have the Incra Precision fence system on my router table and love it. I use it mainly to make box joints. I also purchased the system for my table saw (SawStop contractor saw), but I never installed it and, instead, resold it.

My decision was based on two factors, 1) The system doesn't fit as nicely on the contractor saw as on other saws. and 2) I was already using my router table for the precision cuts I may have wanted to do on the table saw.

Warped Woodwerks

Senior User
Cons:
  • The bar isn't very high. I added a 3/4" piece of UHMW plastic to mine. This also protects the fence should the blade bump it.
  • It was a bit pricy when I bought mine. I probably spent as much on the fence as I did on my saw (but then, I have an inexpensive saw).
Hope this helps,
Jim
Thank you for the information. Also, glad to see\hear you've had this setup for 20 years and you are enjoying it.

When you say... "the bar isn't very high..." Are you referring to the fence?

Also, I agree on the price. The fence, leg supports, and few extra brackets, are about $630. Not sure if they also charge tax, but if they do, that'll be another $50+?

For me, it would be an investment into my woodworking hobby.

Thanks!

creasman

Jim
Staff member
Corporate Member
When you say... "the bar isn't very high..." Are you referring to the fence?
Yes. The bar alone is only about 2" - 3" high. The piece I added brings it up to about 4-1/2" in my case. Occasionally, I'll run the end of a board through the table saw (e.g., cutting a tenon). Having the extra height makes this easier.

The price has gone up! I bought mine at a trade show in Charlotte and paid about $350 as I recall. I got the Incra miter gauge as a bonus. That has been very nice to have as well -- super easy to set any angle in range to 1/2 degree.

Warped Woodwerks

Senior User
I have the Incra Precision fence system on my router table and love it. I use it mainly to make box joints. I also purchased the system for my table saw (SawStop contractor saw), but I never installed it and, instead, resold it.

My decision was based on two factors, 1) The system doesn't fit as nicely on the contractor saw as on other saws. and 2) I was already using my router table for the precision cuts I may have wanted to do on the table saw.
If I didn't already pull the trigger on the Harvey Woodworking router table and fence, I would have gone INCRA. I hope I made the "right" choice. That decision was a hard one, for me.. Incra or Harvey... sort of close. Ultimately, the cast iron top (Harvey) won.

I am hoping I'll have an easier time with my cabinet saw, over your experience with your contractor saw. Personally, I'd hate to spend my hard earned coin, get the fence, then be upset with it, and then sell it. Most likely at a loss.

Thank you for your input.

Warped Woodwerks

Senior User
Yes. The bar alone is only about 2" - 3" high. The piece I added brings it up to about 4-1/2" in my case. Occasionally, I'll run the end of a board through the table saw (e.g., cutting a tenon). Having the extra height makes this easier.

The price has gone up! I bought mine at a trade show in Charlotte and paid about $350 as I recall. I got the Incra miter gauge as a bonus. That has been very nice to have as well -- super easy to set any angle in range to 1/2 degree.
The fence alone:

List Price: $659.95
Our Price: $449.95

You save $210.00!

That LIST price. HA!
I am most likely going to go Metric, which will add $5 to the cost.

The 2 extra sets (4 total), of rail mounting brackets, add $36 to that. Also, the rail support legs add an additional $68.

Like you said.. pricey. :confused:

$350 was a great price.. AND "free" miter gauge! Lucky. If I could go back in time... :D

Thanks again

patlaw

Mike
Corporate Member
I believe the SawStop replacement fence is over $500, but it's been a while since I checked. Like you, I'm not crazy about the repeatability of the SS fence. Then again, I'm not an experienced woodworker.

Thanks for raising the topic. While I may not get one for my SS just yet, you have inspired me to consider one for my router table. Another member here has a wonderful-but-discontinued microadjustable fence on his router table, and since I first saw it, I've wanted one.

Warped Woodwerks

Senior User
I believe the SawStop replacement fence is over $500, but it's been a while since I checked. Like you, I'm not crazy about the repeatability of the SS fence. Then again, I'm not an experienced woodworker.

Thanks for raising the topic. While I may not get one for my SS just yet, you have inspired me to consider one for my router table. Another member here has a wonderful-but-discontinued microadjustable fence on his router table, and since I first saw it, I've wanted one.
SawStop parts store shows the t-glide fence and rails, for the 36", about $400. I am sure they'll add tax and shipping, so you are probably right about that $500+. I hate to say it, but that is sad, imo.

Not sure of your budget, needs, etc., with your router table.. but the main reason why I didn't go INCRA router table was, that it isn't cast iron... Other than that.. it looks like a wonderful system. Heard great things about it.

It is a "little" pricier, but check out Harvey Woodworking's router table and micro-adjust fence.

Regardless.. if you are in it (woodworking), for the long haul.. might look at getting something you'll love for many years to come!

Enjoy!

redknife

Chris
Corporate Member
I have had that exact setup for years. I quite enjoy it given the accuracy,precision, and repeatability. The ā€conā€ to me is that some jig designs slip over the fence which wonā€™t work due to the T bar (Think cuts with vertical stock orientation like box corner slots, diy tenoning jig, panel door jig), Easily overcome by changing the Jig design or I suppose you could construct a fence on a fence the sits taller than the incar and then design your jig to slide across.
Iā€™d buy it again.

Robert166

robert166
Corporate Member
Wanted one for awhile, on sale now for $450 (the base model) but the "estimated 7 ā€“ 10 week production lead time due to high demand" wow! Don't know what the shipping and tax would be. Still have not ordered one.

Warped Woodwerks

Senior User
I have had that exact setup for years. I quite enjoy it given the accuracy,precision, and repeatability. The ā€conā€ to me is that some jig designs slip over the fence which wonā€™t work due to the T bar (Think cuts with vertical stock orientation like box corner slots, diy tenoning jig, panel door jig), Easily overcome by changing the Jig design or I suppose you could construct a fence on a fence the sits taller than the incar and then design your jig to slide across.
Iā€™d buy it again.
Glad to hear you enjoy the setup.

I don't currently have any table saw jigs, so that is fine for me. Besides, it gives me an excuse to make more sawdust :D

Also... what did you do with your SawStop rails & fence? Did you sell\keep it? Sell it and recoup a decent amount of coin?

Thanks again

Last edited:

Warped Woodwerks

Senior User
Wanted one for awhile, on sale now for $450 (the base model) but the "estimated 7 ā€“ 10 week production lead time due to high demand" wow! Don't know what the shipping and tax would be. Still have not ordered one.
"Sale." Ha. Right??

To me, the sale price should be the normal price. From what I've read\heard, they typically display a longer wait time, just in case (buffer).

If you create an account, on their site, they should give you a 10% off code.
I have one and I am waiting to use it. This might be the "perfect" time to use it, too. šŸ˜‚ I think the code is a generic 10% off code, too.

If after doing your research, and you think it would be a nice purchase for you... why not?

Warped Woodwerks

Senior User
Iā€™d buy it again.
Forgot to ask...

Do you have the 52" range or 32", of the INCRA fence?
I have the 36" range on my SS, and I'll be looking at the 32" on the INCRA... Not sure if the 4" will be missed\needed, or what.. I don't cut down full sheets of ply. I use my track saw for that.

Thanks again

tandemsforus

John
User
I have as yet never used a sawstop saw. But on my table saw I use a wixey digital readout made for table saws. It was $139 and is accurate to .001 Works for me, never had a problem in the 5 years i have owned it. I have a Vega rip fence and it has a micro adjustment knob to get that extra close tweak,

tandemsforus

John
User
Also I looked at the Incra fence you show on the pic. I don't see a micro adjust knob for fine tweaking, am I missing it? I have a Incra system on my router table and it has a knob to get that final pass perfect. Otherwise you will still use that tap tap method for final adjustment.

Woodmolds

Tony
User
I'm not saying anyone should do this, but it's worked well for me for several years.
I don't do any large panels on this saw, usually nothing over 12" wide and 36" long.
I have another saw with 52" rip capacity for large sheets of ply.
What I enjoy is the repeatability and the accuracy.
IMG_2337.jpg
IMG_2336.jpg

I really love it for cross dados. Example
IMG_2338.jpg

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Several shop tips over last few years on micro adjusters for fences. Get the Wixey, and add micro adjuster for accuracy.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS