INCRA Table Saw Fence Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

eyekode

New User
Salem
Interesting review. So if it adjusts in .001 increments is it actually accurate enough that ripping a piece of ply will give you 0 variation on a .001 scale caliper?

Also how much room do you need for such a beast?

tom hintz

New User
Tom Hintz
Interesting review. So if it adjusts in .001 increments is it actually accurate enough that ripping a piece of ply will give you 0 variation on a .001 scale caliper?

Also how much room do you need for such a beast?

In every way I could measure, moving the fence by 0.002" resulted in taking 0.002" off of the piece. You still have to move the wood through the saw perfectly straight or all bets are off but that is with any fence.

The fence rails are 72"-long as mentioned in the review so the actual floor space is not greater than any fence with this capacity. You might need some extra room to stand back and gawk because it is a nice golden color....!

Gregory Paolini

New User
Gregory Paolini
I for one am absolutley hooked on the Incra stuff. I've had a TS3 on my saw for about 6 years - Love it. It's like having machine shop accuracy in the woodshop.

I also have a few of their miter gauges, and router fences.

I've never done a review or any type of endorsment for incra, but I give all their stuff two thumbs up!

eyekode

New User
Salem
In every way I could measure, moving the fence by 0.002" resulted in taking 0.002" off of the piece. You still have to move the wood through the saw perfectly straight or all bets are off but that is with any fence.

The fence rails are 72"-long as mentioned in the review so the actual floor space is not greater than any fence with this capacity. You might need some extra room to stand back and gawk because it is a nice golden color....!

Thanks for the info Tom. About the accuracy I was asking because I don't think I can move a piece of wood with .002 accuracy :). The last time I measured on a 50" long piece I had ~.008 difference from front to back. Maybe my technique is terrible?

As for floor space won't the "T" design of the fence guide require more room on the right than a "normal" fence? For a T square style fence to get to ~32" requires just a little over 32" to the right of the blade (maybe 1 foot?). Won't this fence require ~64" or so (room for the center fence guide to extend to the right of the table). So in terms of floor space you could probably fit a conventional fence with at least 50" rip capacity in the same floor space?

Thanks!
Salem

tom hintz

New User
Tom Hintz
The main arm from the fence will stick out to the right some when cutting wide pieces. I work in a two car garage and also have PM2000 (my own saw and th eonly reason this setup isn't staying here....) in there and using the INCRA/ProShop to make wide cuts during evaluatoin was not an issue.

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Tom, that is a great review and I like your website as well. Thanks much for posting and sharing your knowledge.

Scott

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
Nice review!

Chris got a link to it on the INCRA web site pretty quick too!! I'm going to get a bunch of INCRA stuff this fall. I don't know whether I want to redo my Unisaw tables, etc. but definitely going to put an INCRA fence on my router table.

tom hintz

New User
Tom Hintz
I expect the folks at INCRA didn't get where they are by missing too much! I had asked some questions of them during the review so they were aware that it was happening though.
Just a note, you wouldn't have to modify the Uni tables to mount this fence system. Just remove the old fence and rails and this all goes in its place. Very clean changeover. One of the guys I talked to about this fence system put it his brand new Uni. He used one of the SawStop mounting variations for the width I believe but the mounting itself is right out of the box.

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
I expect the folks at INCRA didn't get where they are by missing too much! I had asked some questions of them during the review so they were aware that it was happening though.
Just a note, you wouldn't have to modify the Uni tables to mount this fence system. Just remove the old fence and rails and this all goes in its place. Very clean changeover. One of the guys I talked to about this fence system put it his brand new Uni. He used one of the SawStop mounting variations for the width I believe but the mounting itself is right out of the box.

They are sharp folks with great products!! PM sent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS