Improve Your Shop Lighting for Free!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
I am in the process of installing some additional fluorescent light fixtures in my shop and had to disassemble the older 2 bulb fluorescent fixtures to tap into the power. The old fixtures are the open shop light kind of fixtures so the bulbs are exposed to the room. When I was re-installing them I noticed the old bulbs were absolutely filthy!!! Just wiping them off with a damp paper towel improved their light output by a bunch!!! I will really be able to see when this is finished!!!
Clean your bulbs, see better!

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
Mark, I would add that I have 4 four-lamp fixtures available as well. Free for the taking! (currently wired/ballasted for 277v - switch out a ballast and rock!)

FIVEBYFIVE

New User
MICHAEL
Mark I would love to have additional lighting in my shop. May I please have them? I live outside of Faith only about 15 miles away

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Sorry...I re-read my post and I guess you and others could have thought I was giving away my old lights. Sorry, I'm not. Just giving free advice about cleaning off your fluorescent bulbs. May want to contact NCPete. BTW..I got my 4 bulb 110v fixtures near you in Rowan county. Email: stephenejr@bellsouth.net He had a basement full for ~$25 each.
Mark

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
If you have hanging shop lights with reflectors, a $0.97 can of white paint from Wal-Mart will also do wonders. About every five years, I give the reflector on the light over my tablesaw a fresh coat of white paint- WOW! Also, when replacing a flouresent bulb in a two tube fixture, replace BOTH of them. They will last longer and give brighter light

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS