(Important LUNCH Update) Mid West Tool Collector Meeting (MWTCA)

Where would you like to chow down? (You can choose more than one)

• Bandito's (Mexican) $$

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Sratoga Grill (Seafood/Grill) $$$

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • Gulf Rim (Cajun) $$$

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Vinnies (Italian) $$

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Waffle House (needs no explanation) $

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
I will start this off.

Who all are planning to attend the MWTCA meeting in Hillsborough on January 15th? If we have enough interest maybe we can get one of the the good Hillsborough folks (Jim or Bob) to organize a NCWW lunch at one of the local eateries.

It does not get much better then tools and food now does it?

Last edited by a moderator:

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
Re: Mid West Tool Collector Meeting (MWTCA)

Scott,

In addition to this event, there is also a TWA (Triangle WWr Assoc) meeting (Ral) in the eve.

FYI

M

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member

I think Jan. 15 is also the day Mike Davis is conducting his free sharpening seminar at his shop in Walnut Cove.

BIll

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt

Really? What is it?

Scott,

Correction, Tuesday Jan 18th 7pm (per Dec TWA Newsletter)

TWA member and gifted carver, will demonstrate his talents in chip carving

My Badd! Getting my dates mixed up!

Thanks!

Matt

M

McRabbet

Unfortunately, I won't make the H'boro meeting because we moved our Western NC Woodworkers Association meeting to that same day. I do hope to get to the Peach Meeting in Georgia, but I won't know until I'm back in H'ville.

BTW -- Happy New Year everyone!

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell

I added a Poll to this thread to pick a place to eat.

Your vote also gives me a head count for any reservations that might be in order :)

If we eat in town, don't forget to stop by Matthew's Chocolates. He makes wonderful and creative chocolate delights (just the thing to get bonus points with any significant others!).

Jim

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member

Thanks Big Jim. Tupelo's is where we eat last year. It was GOOD!!!!

woodArtz

New User
Bob

I'd love to eat at Gulf Rim, but they just can't accommodate the group size. Tupelo's will set us up in the bar area with our own big table. They pack tight so, we'll fudge a little for those requiring extra room (like me ;) ). I'll try to talk LOML into preparing gumbo for a group of twenty or so, but we better have a strong back up plan... :gar-La;

Last edited:

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member

Bump....This is one week from today.

James Davis

New User
James Davis

I'll try to talk LOML into preparing gumbo for a group of twenty or so, but we better have a strong back up plan... :gar-La;

While I admire your bravery in making this suggestion to your wife. I want you to be sure and pass on the fact to her that I will be accepting phone or other types of absentee orders for tools that day.:gar-Bi

James

woodArtz

New User
Bob

While I admire your bravery in making this suggestion to your wife. I want you to be sure and pass on the fact to her that I will be accepting phone or other types of absentee orders for tools that day.:gar-Bi

James

On the other hand, maybe I should just tell her I'm going out for lunch with some buds... :gar-La;

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell

If thats the "plan" be sure to remember to stop by Matthew Chocolates before heading home :)

Jim

On the other hand, maybe I should just tell her I'm going out for lunch with some buds... :gar-La;

Steve W

New User
Steve

I haven't been too active lately but I do plan on going to M-WTCA. Hope to see lots of ncww folks there!

cpowell

New User
Chuck

Weather permitting - I'm in. :gar-Bi :gar-Bi :gar-Bi :gar-Bi

I would love to find a few more planes [STRIKE]for the collection[/STRIKE] required to complete important projects for LOML. :gar-La; :gar-La;

And of course a cold beverage and meal with fellow NCWWers.

Chuck

eyekode

New User
Salem

Unfortunately I will not make this meet. However James Davis is bringing me some planes. Would anyone from the Raleigh/Apex/Cary area be willing to pick them up for me? If so please shoot me a PM!
Thanks!
Salem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS