I'm Going To Need Some Sunglasses

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Thinking about upgrading lights in shop from T-8's to LED's. Went by HF last week and bought one of their 5000L hanging shop lights($19.99). As bright as it is, I may have to wear sunglasses in the shop

Colin Helms

Colin
User
I bought 1 a couple days ago for my attic space and yes it is bright. Just hope it will last for several years. I did replace all the lights in my garage/shop several years ago that I bought from Costco that were T8 LED bulbs w/2 bulbs, but they are nowhere as bright as the lights from HF.

Colin

Last edited:

Jeff

New User
Jeff
I replaced all of my 2 car garage T8 lights with LED bulbs. 2 fixtures are 4 bulb 4' and the other 3 are 2 bulb 4'. Much better light but not harsh and overly bright.

Inarticulate

New User
Matt
The Costco ad for June/July has shop lights on sale. The coupons start June 24. I've bought a few other Feit products from them and been pretty decently surprised.

1592932721887.png

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
+ on the HF LED shop lights, same for Rural King, or anyplace else carrying them. Watch for a sale on them at your favorite source. They put out way more light at a much lower wattage consumption rate, a win--win deal!

rcarmac

Board of Directors, Secretary
Robert
Staff member
Corporate Member
The Costco ad for June/July has shop lights on sale. The coupons start June 24. I've bought a few other Feit products from them and been pretty decently surprised.

View attachment 194621
I have 3 of these and no issues and super bright. I was thinking last night. after actually reading This post, that I need 1 or 2 more of these. Called my wife to see if she was making a trip and could pick one up. Said she was going later in the week. Thanks for this heads up.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
The price of LED lights has come down a lot over the years. They'll last longer than incandescents and are better than CFLs.

Most of our lights in the house are now LED bulbs. The color selection and "warmth" range from bright daylight to warm. Warm is a lot more like an incandescent for interior lighting.

DavidK

New User
David
The lights linked by @djyoungcity are the same lights I installed in my shop along with some 8 footers from the same company. They work great! I think I put too many in, but I would rather have too much light than too little.

djyoungcity

djyoungcity
Corporate Member
I installed all 10 of them in a 1 car garage. Its very bright, but made a world of difference. I daisy chained 5 into a single plug and 5 into the other plug on the same outlet. Made it easy to not run new outlets all over the ceiling.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS