I'm Back - Tool Gloat

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDPeters

Master of None
Chris
Hey Guys/Gals:

Sorry to be away for so long - but other demands on my time have pretty much taken me out of the shop and worse, away from you fine folks!

Thanks to the generosity of the company I work for and a good year last year, I can finally report that I have received/ordered some of the shop tools I have been talking about incessantly. Proud to report I am now the owner of a Grizz G0555P band saw w/riser block and a G0452 6" jointer! AND the G1023RLW table saw is on back order (till August! :wsad:).

Thanks to all the input from you fine folk - especially on the bandsaw (had the same problem with having to re-set the tensioner assembly after the riser block install) - and I will be order some blades from WoodCraft bands very soon. You are right, the blade that comes with the machine is nearly pure junk!

G0555P_Bandsaw.jpg

View image in gallery

Please excuse the sorry state of the shop - I have not had a chance to do my Spring cleaning yet!

Best to all!
Chris

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
New tools ROCK!!!! Even the ones on back order.

We all have those periods were be disappear for a time. It is called LIFE. Welcome back.

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
Congratulations on the new tools and welcome back.

Back order 'till August??? Ouch. Them Grizzly's sure are selling good.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
*singing the tool song*
Everybody is jealous of my tools
Everybody is envious of me
Why don't you buy stuff
The way that I do
I got tools and that is cool
Tools!

Nice score.... :tool:

ehpoole

Administrator
Ethan
*singing the tool song*
Everybody is jealous of my tools
Everybody is envious of me
Why don't you buy stuff
The way that I do
I got tools and that is cool
Tools!

Bas,

This just does not work for me, perhaps you can post the 'Tool Dance' video for us?

PS - Chris - Those tools are way to clean to be any good, you better return them while you can! :wink_smil

In the meantime, enjoy your new toys!

Glennbear

Glenn
Congratulations Chris, the fact that the TS is on back order should give you ample time to complete the spring cleaning to make room for it. :wsmile: I am sure you are aware that the VA governor recently signed the "Imported Woodworking Machine Quarantine Act " which mandates that any machine purchased from an out of state vendor must be kept at an authorized quarantine station prior to usage for a period of not less than 1 year. Please PM me for directions to my shop in Baskerville which happens to be such an authorized station. :gar-La;

CDPeters

Master of None
Chris
Thanks for the welcome back everyone!

Glenn - what you don't know is that I, too, am an authorized quarantine location :gar-Bi
Bas - Be careful! You may find yourself on a table at the picnic!

I got a chance to do a quick book-matching test the other day. While the BS blade is not so good, I did get a decent resaw on some 5" wide red oak. One pass on the jointer (the knives on which are razor sharp out of the box!) and I had a beautiful book match. I'm psyched.

Promise I'll try to be more regular!

C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS