Ed Fasano

Ed
Senior User
Powermatic Joiner - govdeals.com
1677869752601.png

Wiley's Woodworks

Wiley
Corporate Member
Almost all of us would like to have a jointer like that. I want to address the source--govdeals.com--an auction website for used and surplus equipment owned by government agencies. The key word here is "used". Way too much of what is offered on this site is there because it is worn out and had to be replaced. There is no way to test run or even satisfactorily inspect machinery before you are committed to the purchase. It could have a weak motor needing to be rebuilt, worn out bearings, out of balance cutter head, stripped threads at critical places, ...who knows what? You certainly don't.

If there was ever a case of "buyer beware", this is it. I know this because I have been involved in the sell side of this government-to-merchandiser-to-buyer racket. I know what can hit the auction block, and as a buyer you have hardly any way of knowing what is on the auction block other than a written description. Of course you will weigh what you know about the item vs. the low price you are going to pay. Just know what can hit the scales and make your "I stole it" price a total loss of your money.

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
Wiley, sounds like were part of my last CPO car purchase from a dealer.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS