Ideas for linear rolling shelves?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottj

New User
scottj
I'm soliciting design and hardware ideas to facilitate linear motion of small stacks of cubbies. The end goal is that three independently movable sets of shelves can slide out of the way to provide access to the fixed set of cubby shelves behind them. Hopefully the pictures make my intentions clear. My original rough plan devised prior to making the first cut for the project was to use sliding glass door rollers on a track made from a ~1/2" wide steel strips inset into the base.

But I thought I'd see if anyone had better ideas or pointers to locating hardware more specifically designed for the task. Everything I've found so far has been more suitable to industrial applications. The sliding door hardware appeals to me because I think I can make slight vertical adjustments to correctly balance and align the selves, but I haven't found any yet that give me a real clear idea of how I'll securely mount them.

The end tolerances will be about ~1/2 inch in front of and behind the movable shelves over the entire 42" height. I do intend to also provide some type of track or guide along the top to reduce lateral movement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS