ICYMI from LAP (Lost Art Press) Anarchist's Tool Chest shell for sale

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Might be a great start to a project;
The exterior of the poplar chest is almost complete and was built entirely by hand. All it needs is its top skirting boards attached to the case.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
So, that reminds me ... Has anyone heard from Jerome?
Wish he would drop by and be a part of the community.

mdbuntyn

Matt
Staff member
Corporate Member
I follow him on Instagram.

He did a short residency at a former plantation site in VA this past summer. I may be wrong, but I get the feeling that he's writing a book for Lost Art Press.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Don't you read what you post?
Yes I do read what I post -
The only reference to Jerome was in one sentence: "If you are interested, contact Jerome Bias via email with questions or to buy the chest."
He only listed as an e-mail contact in that post with no explanation of who he is or what he does...
In the article it read like he was the contact person for the family if you were interested in the chest
It sounds like you knew who Jerome was - I asked because I didn't know who he is.

Now I regret asking, since it created the opportunity to be shamed on an open forum.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Jerome was a member here. He also worked at Old Salem as a joiner/carpenter/furniture maker.
He lead a group of us on a tour of the Old Salem Museum.
He also did a speech at the Mid-Western Antique Tool Collectors meeting at Mr. Hobbs farm.
He is an acknowledged expert on Thomas Day and I think was a tour guide at the NC State Museum - Thomas Day exhibit.
If he is working on a book I would think it has to do with Thomas Day and/or other early African American furniture makers.
Or it could be a cook book...

Just off the top of my head which is old and feeble and prone to error.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I knew I'd seen that name somewhere. He's one of the guest speakers at next year's woodworking conference in Colonial Williamsburg. See Summary - 25th Annual Working Wood in the 18th Century: A Very Good Effect.
  • Author and largely self-taught woodworker Jerome Bias will explore furniture design by Thomas Day, an antebellum free black man who is often regarded as the most successful cabinetmaker in North Carolina. Speaker generously underwritten by Society of American Period Furniture Makers.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS