Ice Scraper Christmas presents

Status
Not open for further replies.

bob vaughan

Bob Vaughan
Senior User
Here’s a gift idea that works well for people living in the icy windshield prone areas. The 19” long handle makes it easy for short people to reach over the SUV hoods of today. The wood is 7/8” thick, 5” wide and 19” long. The bandsaw kerf is from a coarse-toothed .025” thick blade. The paddle is drilled to accept two 1/4-20 T-nuts. The slotted screws are wide enough for most coins. When pressing in the T-nuts, put a slip of laminate in the groove so things won’t crack. The laminate (Formica, etc.) is ripped and final trimmed so there’s a good sharp scraping edge. A plastic strip is slid on mostly as protection for those handling the thing before it gets to the car. This is a good way to use up laminate scraps, or a good way to use up scraps from your local cabinetmaker’s stock. With each scraper handle, I included five extra “blades” in a plastic bag with the instructions for the “less mechanically inclined”. I did 17 of these this year.

The thing isn’t really good at heavy ice removal, but little else is either.

icescraper1.jpg

icescraper2.jpg

icescraper3.jpg

Dutchman

New User
Buddy
Neat idea Bob. I'm always on the lookout for teacher gifts, wife's friends gifts, stocking gifts,..... That definitely fits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS