I Think I Am An Addict

Status
Not open for further replies.

crokett

New User
David
I dropped my daughter off at school and on the way back to my home office saw where there was some work done clearing trees at the power lines. So I stopped. Got a decent piece of something. I think the real problem is now I am sitting here wondering what errand I can run this weekend to go by there again.....

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
It does become a problem when it starts stacking up faster than you know what to with it. Which reminds me - Mike - I have some spalted sweetgum I need to measure; I may have a blank or two for you...

bluedawg76

New User
Sam
it sounds like you need an intervention. send me the precise directions and i'll try and remove the temptation for you!

crokett

New User
David
It does become a problem when it starts stacking up faster than you know what to with it.

Then I probably shouldn't take a pic of the stash under my table saw. As for directions, they were doing work on the 70 bypass from 70 out to the interstate west of Hillsborough. What I got has checking on the ends but I think I can cut that off. I think there's a bit more there but most of it was either carted off or ground up already.

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
My name is Andy and I'm a woodaholic...
Its okay as long as you're addicted to the 'free wood'!
You only need excuses if you're asked to stop, or pay -

sushinutnc

New User
Mike
I fell victim to the wood drug last year... until I found termite tunnels on the cement block foundation walls of my garage. :eek::eek::eek: I had stored a bunch of wood I found on metal shelving. I pulled everything off the shelf and noticed that one particular fruit wood had most of the termites. Ugh. That was a pain I hope not to deal with again.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
I dropped my daughter off at school and on the way back to my home office saw where there was some work done clearing trees at the power lines. So I stopped. Got a decent piece of something. I think the real problem is now I am sitting here wondering what errand I can run this weekend to go by there again.....
Let's forget about errands and excuses, what kind of wood was it?!??!? And more importantly, where is it so I can get some too! :gar-Bi

(the TRUE sign of being an addict!)

cskipper

Cathy
I think you qualify for membership in this group! Remember to seal the ends of the wood to prevent checking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS