I say Goodbye to a Dear Friend

Status
Not open for further replies.

McRabbet

Rob
Corporate Member
This morning, my 12 year old Great Pyrenees Badger took his last trip with me to go join his Mom across the Rainbow Bridge (In case you don’t know about this amazing spot, check http://rainbowsbridge.com/poem.htm). He passed peacefully with the help of our vet, Karen Davis, at 10:00 AM this morning. He’s been a great dog, a close companion and will enjoy seeing my wife Nancy again. He'll remain as my avatar, but know that I'll miss him dearly..

Badger 6-3-14.jpg

Bryan S

Bryan
Corporate Member
It is tough lo loose a faithful friend and companion, sorry to hear this Rob. I know he will be missed. I love reading The rainbow Bridge poem and often get a little choked up when I read it. There is an animated version that is moving and will reach out a touch a pet lover.

http://www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html

Run free Badger

RandyJ

New User
Randy
Rob, sorry to hear Badger has crossed over the bridge. He will be happy to see his Mom.
It may not seem like it now but it will get better day by day. Hang in there.
Regards

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
My deepest condolences, Sir. Losing an integral member of the family is very hard, but the memories of all the joy and love they gave helps to rationalize the loss. Rest assured he and his mom are now happily chasing penguins awaiting the return of their Master and Mistress (whom I hope take quite a while to join them, but to them it will only be a heartbeat).

Go

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
Dang Rob...so sad ....I lost one 2 yrs ago.....prayers are with you my friend

BKind2Anmls

New User
Susan
I am so sorry for your loss. I've been through it several times and I hope you'll take comfort from the fact that you made him a very happy dog.

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
dang Rob...very sad...I know the feeling as I lost one 2 yrs ago....my payers are withe you my friend

drw

Donn
Corporate Member
My sincere condolences. We love our pets and they love us, unconditionally.

McRabbet

Rob
Corporate Member
Thanks everyone for your kind words and thoughts -- Badger was a very special critter to us since his "Mom" (my wife Nancy) rescued him for us after seeing his face on a poster on a bulletin board in our nearby Food Lion back in December 2004 (he was wearing a Santa hat and asking viewers to find him a new home). He was just over 2 years old and was being given away by a family that just couldn't care for him properly since they both worked all day and he didn't do well penned up in their garage.

I know many of you may have thought I was referring to Badger's actual Mom in my first post, but it is Nancy he'll be meeting. I sure he was happy to see her as he crossed that bridge -- she passed away four years ago next Tuesday. And I know she'll be thrilled to have him as her daily companion.

Again, my thanks -- I'll be fine.

Jim M.

Woody
Corporate Member
Sorry for your loss Rob. Thanks for letting us be a part of your healing process. Jim

thrt15nc

New User
Tom
So so sorry. Having to say goodbye to our animal family members is terribly hard.

Probably my most favorite quote:

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened" - Anatole France

Tom Swortzel

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Rob I am so sorry for your loss. I know he was a very good and dear companion.

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
Rob I hate to hear this. I know the special bond of our pet family. Always love it when we find that special one that needs a forever home and they choose us.

PurpleThumb

New User
Jerry
Rob as you know I lost the source of my Avitar in the same way, so I share your pain. This saying whose author is unknown to me has been a comfort;

"It came to me that every time I lose a Dog,
They take a piece of my heart with them.
And every new Dog who comes into my
life gifts me with a piece of their heart.
If I live long enough all the components of my heart
Will be Dog, and I will become as generous
and loving as they are."

leper65

New User
Steve
My condolences. My wife and I have lost 5 dogs in our 28 years together and its always heart wrenching. We lost our 13 year old Collie 2 months ago and we still think of him and our others often. Excuse me while I go hug my German Shepherd...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS