I need some help from someone with a project scetch up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Stewart

New User
Mark
I have been ask to build a stand for an electric smoker. It seems simple enough but I need a drawing to let this lady have a look see before I build. I downloaded the sctchup soft ware and played with it for a few days but I really got nowhere with it. I am going to build it out of pressure treated pine as it will be an out side fixture. the dimensions are to be 20" high 17" deep and 26" across. The smoker its self weighs hardly nothing at all but with a full load will probably weigh in at 65-75 lbs, plus 8 lbs for a gallon of water. If someone could help me with this I would be grateful.

Thanks
Mark

Dave Richards

Dave
Senior User
What size are the pieces of wood you are planning to use? What do you have in mind for the the construction method? Planks on the top like a picnic table? running the short way or the long way? simple, vertical legs or something else in mind? How do you plan to join the pieces of wood? Deck screws?

If I had some useful dimensions I expect I could bang out a sketch for you in a few minutes once I get home from work.

Mark Stewart

New User
Mark
She wants to use pressure treated 2x4 so I will join with screws. I was thinking of running the top 2x front to back. on top of a squareish type frame. I can see this in my head but I'm having trouble putting it on paper.

Dave Richards

Dave
Senior User
Here we go.

The top over hangs the aprons 1 inch. Here is a view showing the legs. This will keep the legs as far out as possible and the aprons will sit on shoulders.

Mark Stewart

New User
Mark
Dude you are the man. I think this will fit the bill nicely. I wish you lived closer i'd take a class on this stuff. Thanks again

Dave Richards

Dave
Senior User
Thank you. I hope it communicates what you need to the client.

You know, if this ice age we're in up here continues, I might wind up moving closer. :D

Mark Stewart

New User
Mark
Funny this is the same stand I have been ask to build a stand for. I do not think fire safety is an issue here. the smoker will set up off the stand and the grease drain tube will run out the back and into a catch pan underneath. I do appreciate your concerns. and thanks for the vid link that was interesting I have watched several of his vids. I have this same smoker but mine sits on the deck, maybe Ill build two of these while I'm at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS