I need a new saw for cutting my bowl blanks

Cuthriell

Cuthriell
Senior User
Has anyone used an Echo battery powered saw? I watched a youtube video review that placed them at or near the top. It was called Project Farm.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I got the makita and it works fine for little stuff but anything over 8 inches and it overheats and shuts down.

Rob in NC

Rob
Senior User
Has anyone used an Echo battery powered saw? I watched a youtube video review that placed them at or near the top. It was called Project Farm.
I just ordered an 18 inch Echo based off of Project Farms video and several others I saw. It should arrive next week. I think the one used in the video was a 16 inch version, though. Found it on Ebay for $319 shipped with 56v 5A battery and charger.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
@Mike Davis
I thought someone mentioned it, but is a quick scan of your post I don't see it, you should have a look at Project Farm's YT videos -

Looks like the Echo or Dewalt might deserve a look from his results...

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
No, I'll live with it. It's ok for trimming small limbs. Just overheats when cutting anything over 10 inches.
I have 14 inch cherry that I want to make bowls and I'll have to wait til I can handle the 18" Stihl gas saw.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
No, I'll live with it. It's ok for trimming small limbs. Just overheats when cutting anything over 10 inches.
I have 14 inch cherry that I want to make bowls and I'll have to wait til I can handle the 18" Stihl gas saw.
you are so much nicer than I am - I would say this is junk and they need to take it back since it is not performing as you expect it to...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors