I made a box

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charles Lent

Charley
Corporate Member
Actually, I'm in the middle of making 3 boxes from some leftover Baltic Birch. I received a CRB7 router jig and it's accessories from my wife for Christmas and it came in 3 boxes, each with a bunch of small pieces. I was afraid of loosing something, so I decided to build a box to keep everything together. It's all assembled now, but with no finish on it yet. (I haven't yet decided what to put on it).

The second box is together, but I haven't cut the lid off of it yet. Once the latch has been decided upon, the box will be cut open on my Unisaw at a point determined by the latch (It's a thin box). This box will eventually become a pistol case, holding the gun along with several ammo clips (A present for a relative). The liner will be cut to fit the contents and padded.

The third box is still in pieces, but I have cut all of the box joints on the 4 sides. It will hold my Incra IBox Jig when it's finished. I used the IBox Jig and a Freud SBOX8 blade on the Unisaw to make all of the box joints for these 3 boxes. With the Baltic Birch plywood as delicate and splintery as it is, it's quite amazing how perfect the joints cut, as can be seen in the photos. All of the box sides were cut from 1/2" (or the metric equivalent) Baltic Birch. The tops and bottoms are 1/4" (metric equivalent) Baltic Birch. The inside supports for the contents of the CRB7 box are also Baltic Birch, but of several different thicknesses.

P1010010.jpgP1010015.jpgP1010017.jpgP1010020.jpg

Charley

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Very Nice Charley!
Enter that in the monthly contest!

Charles Lent

Charley
Corporate Member
Thank you Hank and Bill,

I hadn't thought about the contest. I'll try to get some pictures of the CRB7 box after I put some stain and urethane on it (or whatever I decide to put on it) and enter it.

Charley

Tim Sherwood

Tim
Corporate Member
Nice work Charlie. It takes some imagination to plan out this kind of specialized storage. I think we all have a need for designated boxes like this. But not many of us actually get around to making it.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Nice work,Charlie.

I find them a good opportunity to sharpen my own joinery skills working with much smaller projects.

The shop box also serve a purpose.:)

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors