I just found NC WW !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Peterson

New User
Dave
Hello all! I just found this group while doing a search for Klingspor Woods in Raleigh. A work acquaintance told me about it, which led to here.

I have always enjoyed woodworking, but usually had to do it on a shoestring (and tools to match). I finally got my opportunity to get a shop, and had a custom pre-built shed delivered earlier this year. 16X12 ft., 9 ft. walls, double door on front, single door on opposite side. I have been buying new and used woodworking tools and equipment. While I still have a way to go on tools, I can see where I am getting to the point where I am getting enough equipment where I can take on a variety of projects.

I enjoy working on my lathe and I also make general woodcraft projects. My only son keeps me busy with gift ideas to make for him.

I live on 2 1/2 acres in rural Harnett County, NC. On that acreage, I have about 700 +/- trees, of which only about 10% are pine. I have hickory, red oak, dogwood, maple, sweetgum, pine, etc. I enjoy making projects from the wood that is on my property. I also enjoy working with exotic woods, I do some inlay work (still simple, but I try to be exact on my cuts), and some bandsaw work too. I bought a scroll saw at an estate sale a couple of weeks ago, but have not had the chance to learn it yet.

I enjoy reading about various projects being made for new ideas. I plan on going up to Klingspor between Christmas and New Years to check out the wood available. I am a frequent visitor at Woodcrafters in Raleigh.

I don't have any walnut on my property, but enjoy working with it....a lot!

treehugger.jpg

Bigdog72

New User
Geoff
Welcome to the board! You will find much info and some good folks here. It's rare to see another Lillingtontonian here. I live over in the Buies Creek area.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Welcome to the site, Dave!

You will have to show us some of your work.

Post often and stay safe around those power tools.

Wayne

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
Welcome Dave...great folks at Klingspors...you will enjoy your stop therecan't wait to see pics:eek:ccasion1

M

McRabbet

Welcome to the website, Dave! We're pleased that you found us. And because you are telling us "Who You Are", I am moving this thread to that forum, 'cause that's where it belongs and it will help you on your way to becoming a discount qualified member (click the link under the Klingspor sidebar ad to find out more about DQ!).

T

toolferone

Glad to have you on board. The basic rule here is no pics it didn't happen :gar-Bi! In other words we LOVE pictures!

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Welcome to NCWW Dave! There is a great group of folks here and I'm thinking that you will fit right in!

Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS