I hate to give up on a saw but...

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
While we're talking saws, Jerry, did you you get the lower arm pitman pin hole rebushed on the Hawk?

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Cathy sold her first Hegner to me and I'm not parting with it -- it is a great scroll saw.

See how you are Rob! i had one but it and I were not made for each other. I wish I had been a little quicker because that Pegas would be mine! And that's just the way I am; just a grumpy, lumpy, old half a Swede; when it comes to vast ideas I am only half vast in action.

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
Phil I am overdue for a trip to your scrap pile so let me know when you get the saw and I will try to help figure out what is going on.
I am also willing to help. I went through this problem last week

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Scott and Berta, Thanks for your kind offers to help. I am really in no hurry, besides it could be many months before the Pegas saw arrives in Raleigh. I have many projects that I must get done before then - quite frankly I doubt if I even turn the machine on in 2021. I had a nice Hegner sitting around and happy that it can go to a member with the skills to use properly

cskipper

Cathy
Drat. It's going to have to Tues. I can't drive and I missed my window with loml today. Tomorrow is full of appointments. Is Tuesday possible for you Bruce? Morning would be better.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
This is an old thread but Rob aka McRabbet just dropped the Pegas saw off with me. The NCWW Pony Express is still alive and well. I will try to do a deep dive and see if I can get it working properly. Then I will get it down to Phil. Hopefully sometime in the next few weeks.

McRabbet

Rob
Corporate Member
This is an old thread but Rob aka McRabbet just dropped the Pegas saw off with me. The NCWW Pony Express is still alive and well. I will try to do a deep dive and see if I can get it working properly. Then I will get it down to Phil. Hopefully sometime in the next few weeks.
I was happy to make the delivery -- I drove from Hendersonville to Forest City last Sunday to meet with Cathy and to pick up the saw. Took it back to Hendersonville with me and on Wednesday, I hooked up my 25' travel trailer to my Tundra and drove to Mt. Airy where I'm staying at the Mayberry RV Campground for the next 10 days. Then left in my truck yesterday morning and drove to Emporia, VA to pick up my grandson and returned via ScottM's home on Lake Gaston to drop the saw off. I was happy to help Cathy complete the transfer. Scott's drop-off location saved me at least 90 minutes of drive time versus taking it all the way to Phil's home in N. Raleigh. I think this was my 10th NCWW Pony Express run; maybe a record.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS