I get to visit a local turner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

steviegwood

New User
Steven
Hi Y'all, I was browsing the web looking for some classes on using the lathe or finding some local turners. I came across a fella in my same phone exchange just ten minutes from home. I emailed him asking if he would consider letting me pay him for some lessons to see if I would like turning or not and wouldn't you know it he said NO Way I don't teach classes. You just stop by anytime and I will show you what I know about lathes and you can turn all you want at no charge was his response. Aren't woodworkers the greatest. He said he does not turn pen/pencils but he turns some wonderful crooked stuff. The fellas name is Brian Butters if you want to search for him on the web. Thought that I would share what a stranger offered just because we are both woodworkers. Steve

TedAS

New User
Ted
All I have to say is wear good shoes... with lots of traction! That slope is slippery:rotflm:

That sounds like a great offer, hope you have lots of fun!

Glennbear

Glenn
All I have to say is wear good shoes... with lots of traction! That slope is slippery:rotflm:

Just ask your fellow scrollers ScottM and Sawduster about that slope ! :gar-La; It is indeed cool that he so readily offered his help. :wsmile:

Robert Arrowood

New User
Robert Arrowood

Forget the shoes. Get a safety harness:eek:.It is indeed a slippery slope.And congrats on the offer.Woodworkers are a turn above the rest:icon_thum.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
For the record I am still scrolling. Some. Turning and scrolling have one thing in common. You can go out to the shop and do a project in less then a hour start to finish. Now not all turning and scrolling work can be done that quickly but many can be.

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Steve, you happened on a helpful kind of person the world needs more of. You have back problems, so do be careful at the edge of that slippery slope. :rolleyes:

Mike Stanley

New User
Mike
Hey,
I'll give you another place to visit if you want to drive up to my shop. I do a heap of turning such as: turning around in my driveway, turning back to see what it was the wife ordered me to do, etc.
If the drive isn't too far, you can make all the turning chips you want or bring some of your own tools.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors