I finished a few more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ncdawgs1882

New User
Jonathan
Ok So I got a request to make a custom box for the ashes of a clients pet. I'm not sure what to charge:dontknow: I figure the materials cost me a total of 8$ at the most I put 15hrs at the most doing the work the rest was waiting for the finish to dry! But maybe I could get your opinion on what you would charge for a piece like this!

Kierafront.JPG

KieraFT.JPG

Kieratop.JPG

Heres the Photo of her pet that I used.

cakes_009.jpg

Oh & heres two more I finished today!:gar-Bi

pirateship.JPG

Ducks.JPG

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
I can't even begin to estimate the value of that box. and the other portraits??? WOW!

Glennbear

Glenn
I have no clue on pricing but I must say you do lovely work, definitely a craft for steady hands :wsmile:

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
It's hard to price something like that. I struggle with prices on my work, I try to charge too much then end up putting in more than I agreed to.

I'm about to start a wedding gift that I know will take me at least 80 hours. I'm glad I don't have to price that one.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Wow you have been busy. That is some truly amazing work and shows superb talent.

Vanilla Gorilla

New User
Marco Principio
Outstanding job on everything. Pyrography is such an art. I can't even draw, much less with heat. Tough call on the price. Something like that is priceless

nelsone

New User
Ed
Very nice work! As far as the price goes, you are making a custom one-of-a-kind piece. I would charge at least $20/hr, $300, if it were me. Most of the work I've done lately has fallen in the handyman category and I charge $25~$35/hr and have managed to keep busy. How close are you to the clients? Don't sell yourself too short!

dozer

Mike
I agree with Ed you have to get paid for your time. Going rate at most woodworking shops is $40 per hour. I would just figure out how much per hr your time is worth to you and charge accordingly.

Really great work the boat is my favorite. Keep posting pics of your work it is really nice to see.

skysharks

New User
John Macmaster
Good job jonathon:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum
Man I can't even do a straight line woodburning.

skeeter

New User
Charles
Great job on all the pics. Don't sell yourself short on the price, remember they asked you for your services.

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
With all the time those projects took, how did you find time to get to HF for the $25 deal you scored?

Light touch, steady hand, indeed! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS