I finally built something

jpaul

New User
John
I have been slowly acquiring some tools and equipment over the years but hadn't really gotten to use them. Last year I spend all summer redoing our house with new hardwood flooring and kitchen plus a fairly major redo of the master bath. Every since then the cheap coffee table and and end tables that we've had for years have bugged me since they stuck out like a sore thumb against the new hardwood flooring.
I got the wild hair to make something that would go with the new floors a little better. I checked out some of the wide slab places but never could find anything that suited me and then I remember that at least 30 years ago, maybe closer to 35-40 my dad had some oak trees cut into lumber to make a new truck bed for his 2 ton truck. The lumber was still in the barn loft and after finally getting some of it out I managed to make a coffee table and two end tables that didn't turn out too bad I don't think. It was a good thing the knives on the planer and jointer was new.
I've got enough left to make a tv stand, I was informed that our old one doesn't match the tables anymore. I never once noticed the tv stand before.
Here is what I made and what I started with.
IMG_0623.JPGIMG_0624.JPGIMG_0626.JPGIMG_0491.JPG

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Beautiful tables John, that's a timeless style. They definitely match the floor!
I think the "X no longer matches the Y" is going to be infectious, looks like you're going to be busy making stuff for a while.

llucas

luke
Senior User
John, those are suhweet! I really like the metal/wood combo, and I especially like the way you tapered the underside of the tops to lighten the look and add real class. Thanks for sharing.

jpaul

New User
John
Thanks for the compliment guys. The wife has a lot of metal things on the walls, that is why I went with metal legs.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS