I did WWing

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
All most embarrassed to post this here, but at least it's woodworking.

Wife bought some coat hangers off Amazon and put them on the dinning room table next to my plate. Well you guys know what that means...

I asked her, do you want prim and proper or farm-girl? She gave me the stink eye. I said farm-girl it is then. I took a piece of recycled old growth white oak flooring cut the lengths we measured. Sanded away the old finish with my ROS, left most of the "character tacks, holes, defects). I then ripped off the tongue and grooves then sanded a slight round over on all the face edges. Then I finished it with mineral oil and bees wax finish.

We worked together placing them on the walls and she placed the hangers on the wood, I marker them and fastened with the provided screws. All in all, start to finish, was less than an hour and she had her coat and dog leashes hanging on the wall. She was really happy, sometimes less is more, if you catch my drift.

IMG_20201120_154005203.jpg

IMG_20201120_153941000.jpg

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
Don't know what you guys are or are not seeing with the measurements. But the wife just informed me that she ordered more hooks and I'm making 6 more of these coat hanger things. 1 for the living room, one for each bathroom (2) and one for each bed room (3). I didn't know we had that many coats. I think I created a monster.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS