I Cannot Edit My Posts in Thread I Started

Status
Not open for further replies.

ehpoole

Administrator
Ethan
Their is a time limit as to how old a post may be edited by a normal user of 259,200 hours after the creation of a post/thread, which may seem an odd value but at 1440 minutes (24hrs/day x 60 min/hr) in a day that comes out to exactly 180-days, or about 6 months. But after that time has runout ordinary users can no longer go back to edit a post or thread title, though those with admin or moderator permissions can still edit.

Basically, this site was never really setup to cater to long running threads since ancient threads tend to drift well beyond their original topic (hence why threads close after an extended inactivity period). Rather, the site was designed to encourage new threads or posts which also serves to keep thread sizes more manageable. In nearly all cases that has served this site very well over the years but every once in awhile it can get in the way.

If there is an edit that needs to be made it is still possible to ask an admin or Board member to post that edit on your behalf if you will simply provide us with the desired text to be copied into the post and let us know where you would like that text to be inserted at within your post. Alternatively, the updated notice can simply be appended to the thread in the form of a new post since the bread is still open. The choice is yours but we would be more than happy to post the edit for you if you would prefer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS