I blame NC Scroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

sawduster

New User
Robert
......for lending me the book :slap:

bs_basket_group.jpg

These things are a lot of fun and an excellent chance to practice finishing techniques :icon_thum

The 2 on the right I designed myself

The Shoppe Widow is fond of the incense oils that you heat with tealights and she wanted something to keep them all in

bs_potion.jpg

It's nuthin fancy and I would never try to sell it or anything , but she is happy :icon_thum

bs_potion2.jpg

I designed this one for me to use up some scraps . Again nothing spectacular but I had a lot of fun :mrgreen:

bs_box_my_design.jpg

One of my bosses gave me some of his old service award plaques . You know , the walnut ones with the brass plates , " rookie of the year " etc
The walnut pieces are from those

bs_box_my_design2.jpg

The others are from the book " Building Beautiful Boxes with Your Band Saw" by Lois Keener Ventura which NC Scroller lent me

[mouse]ENABLER !! [/mouse]

Most of the sanding on these I did by hand :wconfused:

I think I need a new BS blade :BangHead:

Thanx for lookin :mrgreen:

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Very nice Robert, and a great gesture Scott! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Unfortunately, the only box I can fit my "potions" into is the fridge, and even that can be a challenge sometimes. :XXfridge: :rotflm:

Excellent work! :icon_thum

Cheers, :eek:ccasion1

Trent

steviegwood

New User
Steven
Those are most excellent Bro, I am still trying to create some room in the building to get my new bandsaw. I am leaning towards the Grizzly 19" 3hp w/12" re-saw capacity. Just need to do some cleaning out of the shop and re-arranging. I am planning on getting that book along with a few others. I think that those boxes are way cool and you have inspired me to get to work on the shop. Steve

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
As your big, well older, brother I take no credit for your success. Bro :notworthy: to your success.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Beautiful bandsaw boxes sir:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
The boxes look great Robert ! What are those potions anyway...Carter's Little Liver Pills ?:gar-La;

Jimmy:mrgreen:

sawduster

New User
Robert
The boxes look great Robert ! What are those potions anyway...Carter's Little Liver Pills ?:gar-La;

Jimmy:mrgreen:

Nahhhh , just incense oils . Fits in with the medieval/Gothic theme of our house

Thanx for the kind words everyone

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Great looking boxes, Robert:eusa_clap. I think they all look good enough to sell. :icon_thum

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Beautiful work Robert, and you're right, it's all Scott's fault! You should make him do the sanding! Of course, knowing Scott, he'll just use that as an excuse to corrupt you further and get you turning.....

bluewing92

New User
Norm
WoW!! Great looking boxes.:icon_thum I love the Potions box, Great idea for storing those small bottles.
What did you use for a finish?
Making bandsaw boxes can be addictive but you will always have a gift for any occasion handy. And you will get plenty of practice sanding.

R

rickc

VERY nice - I especially like the "Potions" box. My wife has a lot of homeopathic stuff that might fit very nicely in something like that!

Have to give it: :thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up

sawduster

New User
Robert
WoW!! Great looking boxes.:icon_thum I love the Potions box, Great idea for storing those small bottles.
What did you use for a finish?
Making bandsaw boxes can be addictive but you will always have a gift for any occasion handy. And you will get plenty of practice sanding.

Thanx for the kind words everyone
I use BLO and then Formbys Tung Oil Finish . High gloss or low gloss depending on the piece ......that is some good stuff !! :icon_thum
There are 8 or so coats on each one with 0000 steel wool in between each coat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors