I am so ready...

Jeff

Jeff
Corporate Member
A nice space for woodworking. Is that a garage type door in the upper left corner of your pic? Are you going to install heating/cooling?

Graywolf

Board of Directors, Vice President
Richard
Corporate Member
It looks like you're ready, even if you don’t get to go. ;) I hope you enjoy the new work space. And please share your adventure of setting it up!

Chris C

Chris
Senior User
My father in law was an electrician. Told me once you can never have too many outlets.... I listened.

I put in R13 in the walls and R19 in the ceiling ....at the suggestion of the installer. Rolled fiberglass...Knauf brand if that means anything. He suggested I do a drop ceiling to avoid any condensation issues so that what we did. He also sealed all the doors, windows and the outlets. I thought $1500 was a fair price for the job he did.

I am going to insulate the door... They make a kit for that purpose. I was going to install an insulated door but that got lost in the mix and I didn't feel like trying to fix it at the time. I hope I don't regret that decision.

Chris C

Chris
Senior User
Will definitely be conditioned. I was planning on a mini split but had been considering a one ton heat pump. Since insulation is in I'll probably just do the split.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Can't really tell from the picture but I do not see any outlets in the ceiling. I put one 220v for the table saw and two 110v for other stuff. The 110v are not on the same circuit as the lights. In hind sight I should have added at least one more of each.

Chris C

Chris
Senior User
There are none in the ceiling. I thought about putting them in but just don't see the need. I had Joe make me a couple of 20' extension cords for the 220 tools instead. I can always add them in the future.

JenLightly

New User
Jennifer
It looks nice and spacious, how long before you fill it up with new toys? I find I always have a way of filling the space over time : )

Chris C

Chris
Senior User
Luckily i have plenty of tools already. I'll started trying to arrange the power tools last night. I plan on moving my workbenches and hand tools in this weekend.

It looks nice and spacious, how long before you fill it up with new toys? I find I always have a way of filling the space over time : )

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS