I am headed to Fredericksburg, Va. early morning 8/10/2019

David Turner

David
Corporate Member
I will be attending the SAPFM meeting Saturday August 10 at the Fredericksburg, VA. Woodworkers Guild. If there is anything going that way I can meet someone along the way. Will be returning Sunday evening August 11, 2019.

David Turner

David Turner

David
Corporate Member
No, you can go as a guest with the idea that you may join if you like what you see and hear. You do need to advise them/me that you are going though so they can plan for a certain number.
SAPFM board of directors have asked me to try and resurrect the Carolina's chapter but to date I haven't gotten much response.
This month's venue (in Fredericksburg) is by a visitor named Chuck Bender. You can see his YouTube's under No BS Woodworking. He and Glen Huey both wrote for Popular Woodworking Magazine for years.
David

David Turner

David
Corporate Member
This is the information on the Society of American Period Furniture Makers meeting in Fredericksburg, VA. on August 10 TH. Doors open at 8:30 AM and program starts at 9:00 AM

All Blue Ridge SAPFM members and other SAPFM members as well,

The Blue Ridge Chapter will meet in Fredericksburg, VA at the WoodworkersGuild on August 10. The featured presenter will be Chuck Bender, owner of Acanthus Workshop woodworking school, formerly editor of PopularWoodworking magazine and an outstanding woodworking instructor.

Chuckwill be talking about furniture finials and demonstrating carving severalregional variations. We'll have time to discuss other furniture techunique as well. It's been a while so we will have time for a show andtell to give members a chance to show off recent work or discuss toolsand jigs they have used or built. We also will have room and time for atool swap. Lunch will be provided.

If there is interest, we will set up a no-host dinner after the meeting. A full schedule will follow in the next few days.

For now, please let us know if you plan to attend, if you have guests, and if you are interested in going to dinner after the meeting.

There are still spaces available for the SAPFM midyear in Greenville, SC, the last weekend of this month. This will be an excellent meeting.

If you have not signed up I urge you to do so. Hope to see many of you in SC or in Fredericksburg in August.

Regards,Bob Mustain
Chapter Coordinator
mustainrw@juno.com

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
I am SO mad I missed it. I wish I would have known in advance about the SAPFM midyear in Greenville, SC. I enjoy Mike McDunn's shop, but know I would have enjoyed this meeting!

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Thanks so much for posting this information here. Please keep us informed as I expect that there are many here who have an interest, but haven't spoken out - like me. I've recently moved to Floyd, VA so am definitely interested in events nearby, although Fredericksburg is a little far afield.

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
This is the information on the Society of American Period Furniture Makers meeting in Fredericksburg, VA. on August 10 TH. Doors open at 8:30 AM and program starts at 9:00 AM

All Blue Ridge SAPFM members and other SAPFM members as well,

The Blue Ridge Chapter will meet in Fredericksburg, VA at the WoodworkersGuild on August 10. The featured presenter will be Chuck Bender, owner of Acanthus Workshop woodworking school, formerly editor of PopularWoodworking magazine and an outstanding woodworking instructor.

Chuckwill be talking about furniture finials and demonstrating carving severalregional variations. We'll have time to discuss other furniture techunique as well. It's been a while so we will have time for a show andtell to give members a chance to show off recent work or discuss toolsand jigs they have used or built. We also will have room and time for atool swap. Lunch will be provided.

If there is interest, we will set up a no-host dinner after the meeting. A full schedule will follow in the next few days.

For now, please let us know if you plan to attend, if you have guests, and if you are interested in going to dinner after the meeting.

There are still spaces available for the SAPFM midyear in Greenville, SC, the last weekend of this month. This will be an excellent meeting.

If you have not signed up I urge you to do so. Hope to see many of you in SC or in Fredericksburg in August.

Regards,Bob Mustain
Chapter Coordinator
mustainrw@juno.com
Thanks for posting this!

David Turner

David
Corporate Member
Chris:
I have been having problems with my wrists and fingers lately and have backed away from a leadership role in getting the Back Country Chapter resurrected. In fact my SAPFM dues are up for renewal in September and I have decided not to spend the money given I have not participated for at least 4 years.
That said you are welcome to come over any time you like and we can work on projects.
David

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS