I am considering a Festool Midi

Status
Not open for further replies.

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
Scott I bought a dust exstractor several years ago for the same purpose. I did not have the funds at the time for Festool so I opted for a Fein Turbo II. It has performed flawlessly.

Lowlander

New User
Chris
I would also consider the Bosch shop vac or Alto shop vac. Both are really nice and excellent contenders against the Festool vacs.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
I have a refurbished CT-22 - It's an older model. Once a year, Festool has their refurbished sale. You have to have a dealer order one of the available units for you. They usually have several Vacs in the list of those available for between 20-40% off. I've been very happy with mine. Used to use a shop-vac with an external auto-on-switch. The Festool is much quieter smaller and has variable suction - too much makes sanding harder.

Rick Dinardo can probably tell you when the next refurbish sale might be.

If you get one consider purchasing one of these:

https://www.oneida-air.com/inventoryD.asp?item_no=AXD000009&CatId={6EE79B16-EB63-43E7-8F30-1E06240A24A4}

You won't have to empty the bag very much, if at all with the Dust Deputy added.

cyclopentadiene

Update your profile with your name
User
Keep a watch on Craigslist. I purchased the vacuum as my first festool purchase then an ETS 125 refurbished and a plunge saw refurbished. I paid full retail for a RO 90DX and Domino. I also purchased the 1400 router and the MFK 500 trim router secondhand on Craigslist. I recently purchased their drill. I do not regret any of the purchases new or used. This equipment is expensive but worth the price.

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Good choice (though maybe consider the 26 as the little guys can fill up too quickly). I have had many brands leading up to my Festool one and none are a match (though I had two FEIN which were dang good ... one eventually died though).

The Festool dust collectors are sweet ... enjoy!

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
I have the mini hooked up to my scroll saw and use I'd on my sanders that are in the house. The amount of suction is controllable, keeps my pieces from being stuck to the table. You also can plug the tool into the vac, so when you start the tool the vac comes on.

LB75

George
I have a midi connected to my Kapex miter saw and it works great. The controllable suction level and the auto-on feature that Berta mentioned would make it a great option for your applications.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS