I am back!

Steve W

New User
Steve
I haven't checked in here for a long time, though I've been semi-active with Hillsborough Orange Woodworkers (HOW) for the last 7-8 years. My interest is being revived, as I'm getting a huge bump in shop space, as we move to Graham and I get a 21x42 shop space in our new house's unfinished basement! The 12x20 was just too cramped and that led to me only making stuff to fix the house or other utilitarian stuff.

I'll start posting pics after we close on the house and the equipment starts moving in!

Cheers -

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Welcome back, Steve, and congrats on the bigger shop. Look forward to seeing some pics once you get everything set up.

Jim M.

Woody
Corporate Member
Welcome back, Steve, that's quite a big improvement on shop size, congrats on new home and shop.

Steve W

New User
Steve
Welcome back, Steve, and congrats on the bigger shop. Look forward to seeing some pics once you get everything set up.
Thanks, Bill. New location will be much easier to work with -- even with my wife's Christmas decorations in the corner! Will be a little closer to Snow Camp :)

Steve W

New User
Steve
Right now, in the midst of some carpentry. The shop is starting to coalesce.

It had been over a year since I'd used my bandsaw and I'm afraid the poly tyres decided to pack it in. Waiting for parts from Grizzly. This is a 1989 saw and they still stock some parts for it: I'm finally getting the top axle mount squared away so that it doesn't have all that play from the oval holes that are in the old one. I've been working on finishing the landing and bottom 3 stairs that had to be removed for the foundation work. New ones will be oak and I just got the treads in.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome back, excited to see pictures of your shop and shop set-up!

Grimmy2016

Administrator
Scott
I haven't checked in here for a long time, though I've been semi-active with Hillsborough Orange Woodworkers (HOW) for the last 7-8 years. My interest is being revived, as I'm getting a huge bump in shop space, as we move to Graham and I get a 21x42 shop space in our new house's unfinished basement! The 12x20 was just too cramped and that led to me only making stuff to fix the house or other utilitarian stuff.

I'll start posting pics after we close on the house and the equipment starts moving in!

Cheers -
Does HOW have a site or are there meeting times? It would be nice to add it to our club list for NC if possible.

Dreuxgrad

Ed
Senior User
Sounds like you're back in the the groove Steve.
I remember visiting your shop on the first crawl I went on-we had to rotate the group through.
I do miss the HOW group. Enjoy, Ed

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS