Hydraulic Tables

tri4sale

Daniel
Corporate Member
Anyone use these or similar tables:

Trying to find a good way to store some of my smaller benchtop tools (sanders, joiner, etc.) and when needed pull them out and lift up to place onto the benchtop . Will not be using the tools on the tables, these are just for storage and help lifting to protect my back. Don't have room for any of the spinning stands that hold 2 tools in one, very small shop and CNC takes up most of it, but I have room under the CNC for storage.

cliff56

cliff
Corporate Member
Anyone use these or similar tables:

Trying to find a good way to store some of my smaller benchtop tools (sanders, joiner, etc.) and when needed pull them out and lift up to place onto the benchtop . Will not be using the tools on the tables, these are just for storage and help lifting to protect my back. Don't have room for any of the spinning stands that hold 2 tools in one, very small shop and CNC takes up most of it, but I have room under the CNC for storage.
Have the larger one worth every penny reaches height of the of truck bed saved my back many times lifting equipment and other things

holcombej

jim
User
Daniel- I bought the 1,000 pound capacity one from Northern Tool and have been well pleased with it. I use it under my lathe bench to roll it out of the shop to under the shed roof. Works very well. I too have the back issues. Used it for rehabbing a Gravely 2 wheel tractor over the winter as it makes a good workbench you can put at a level you need.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
I borrowed one of them to move my Jet Mill drill and lift it onto the bench it sits on - although I only used it twice, I though tit was very solid and worth the money...

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
Anti-Damnatio Memoriae... Just don't remember what that means....... must have been erased from my mind ..... :D

tri4sale

Daniel
Corporate Member
Harbor freight and northern tool
NT version is $50 more the HF (but the NT was on sale for $199 this weekend, and spend $1 more it's $180 w/ $20 coupon)

Now to start hunting for some HF coupons to see if I can get them cheaper.

AllanD

Allan
Corporate Member
I have the HF one and use it all the time. It does double duty for me since I keep it in the finishing room and place my projects for spraying. Raise it for small items and drop it for large ones. I keep a piece of plywood on it for that.

Two other things for handling heavy objects that really like are an aluminum bridge crane with chain hoist which has been immensely useful and then other is the Crazy Horse dolly for moving plywood. When I was building a lot of melamine cabinets handling those heavy sheets alone was simpler.

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
I've used mine many times to lower something from or raise something up to the truck bed when moving various pieces of heavy equipment. If I remember correctly HF has two models - one is not very good but the more expensive one is built very well.

tri4sale

Daniel
Corporate Member
Daniel, (@tri4sale ) not sure if there is anything here that helps, but when I am headed out to buy a cheap tool, I check here first: Harbor Freight Tools Coupon Database - pct coupons, freebies, free with purchase, free tools, free stuff, inside track club coupons

I didn't see a percentage off coupon for the hydraulic carts, but if you can wait, it might change in April... like Matt said, HF coupons are much less frequent than in the past...

Yes, I've noticed that, and the Northern Tool coupons I've gotten recently haven't been as good either.

If I remember correctly HF has two models - one is not very good but the more expensive one is built very well.

Yes, they've got two listed, $299 for 1000 lbs capacity and $189 for 500 lbs capacity. Different manufactures, and I do like the curved handle on the more expensive one, and it does look beefier, but 1000 lbs capacity is way overkill for my needs, and I think I need 3, so that would be an extra $330 investment. I will need to cut the handles shorter to slide under the CNC but so far all look like that can be done, with a little work.

Two other things for handling heavy objects that really like are an aluminum bridge crane with chain hoist which has been immensely useful and then other is the Crazy Horse dolly for moving plywood. When I was building a lot of melamine cabinets handling those heavy sheets alone was simpler.

Funny you mention the crane, I was just looking at that, but don't have room around the CNC for it to work. And this is what I use for moving plywood: BORA Panel Carrier

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Yes, I've noticed that, and the Northern Tool coupons I've gotten recently haven't been as good either.

Yes, they've got two listed, $299 for 1000 lbs capacity and $189 for 500 lbs capacity. Different manufactures, and I do like the curved handle on the more expensive one, and it does look beefier, but 1000 lbs capacity is way overkill for my needs, and I think I need 3, so that would be an extra $330 investment. I will need to cut the handles shorter to slide under the CNC but so far all look like that can be done, with a little work.

Funny you mention the crane, I was just looking at that, but don't have room around the CNC for it to work. And this is what I use for moving plywood: BORA Panel Carrier
I think I used the cheaper one and was satisfied, but as you point out, the "Bigger / more expensive one" is more robust. Maybe buy one of each to try out and return (within 30 days) the one you don't care for in exchange for the "right" one??? (Just an idea)

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS