HVLP Score ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Picked up a used Fuji HVLP Q4 system today ... at a good price. It is a four-stage turbine and has nozzles for paint and poly ... which should be able to do anything I will need. Though my Wagner FineSpray has done me good, I have to think (and hope) this will be a world apart.

Anyone else have this system? What do you think?

41Q2FKREJFL._AA280_.jpg

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
I don't have that system, But, I think You Suck! pending actual evidence of your machine, and not the catalog image.:gar-La;

GregSmith

Greg
Corporate Member
I saw that on Craigslist.....I'm jealous. I hear they're good and also relatively quiet.

Nice score indeed :icon_thum

Oh,...and...uh...YOU SUCK!

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
I saw that on Craigslist.....I'm jealous. I hear they're good and also relatively quiet.

Nice score indeed :icon_thum

Oh,...and...uh...YOU SUCK!

Yeah, had to move quick on that one. Offered 25% less and he took it ... so I did too. Can't pass up a good deal ...

Guess that Worksharp is going to have to keep waiting ... :eusa_thin

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
That score gets a great big you suck.
congratulations, when I get my projects ready to finish, I will bring them to you so you can try the new score out. LOL

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I saw that system on Craigslist this morning, nice score!

I have the Fuji Q4 myself, although mine is blue. So far I have only sprayed waterbased lacquer, wb shellac, and regular shellac through it. Overall I will say it has been excellent. The adjustments (spray pattern, flow, etc) are different than the previous gun I had so it took a bit of getting used to, but I can say I have been quite happy with its performance so far. I bought all the needles with mine, but have yet to use anything but the number 4 as it has been more than sufficient.

A couple of recommendations if it didn't come with it.

Get the mini cups. It is a set of 3 small finish containers instead of using the quart cup. Easier to do smaller stuff with and they come with lids.

Get the whip hose. The main hose is stiff and can be problematic for swinging around and such. The whip hose is just a light 6 foot piece of hose that makes it easier to maneuver.

Get some Target coatings USL. You won't regret it.

thesource

New User
Rick
Jeremy,
I have that unit, and love it. I have only sprayed a precatalyzed lacquer with it. M L Campbell Magna Max. If you follow the instructions about viscosity and temperature, it gives a superb finish. If you don't.......it's ugly. Hmmm, I wonder how he knows that. :icon_scra It's easy to learn to spray. Practice on a few boards before you spray anything that means anything to you though.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
It might've been DaveO that said "In life, you can count on three things, death, taxes and Jeremy buying tools." :rotflm:

Great score! :icon_thum And YOU SUCK!

Trent

TBone

Tommy
Senior User
I just want to know where you got the seeds for the money tree :notworthy:

I will repeat the aforementioned message: "Suckage withheld pending photographic evidence of said score".

We await photgraphic as well as detailed written documentation of how you like it.

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
The picture is coming ...

I'm in Raleigh right now, but I'll get a pic posted on Sunday when I return (unless I can get the wife to snag one sooner)

skysharks

New User
John Macmaster
Nice Snag Jeremy. Ok you SUCK!!!!.
I have the wagner FIne Spray too. Have you ever sprayed Latex with it?
If so what procedures did you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS