HVAC contractor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Hey All,

Can anyone recommend a HVAC person or company for me to get quotes from ?

I need to have my unit changed out and I am going to need duct work done also because the the house has changed in size since the original a/c and heat had been put in. I am looking to go with a dual fuel heat pump set up and would like to go with a split set up because I have 1400 sq/ft upstairs and 1400 sq/ft downstairs and most of the time the downstairs isn't used.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations,

timf67

New User
Tim
I know it sounds odd, but I got quotes from several companies and then I ended up going through Home Depot. Their sub was excellent and did great work. HD does satisfaction surveys when the work is done, and if the sub doesn't grade out well, they don't get future work. That's a lot of incentive these days...

Forgot to mention that I went from a single unit to an upstairs and a downstairs unit that were sized for an addition that wasn't started yet and also relocated the compressors.

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Jimmy, if it were me I would give Ryan Proffit at Envirocare in Cary a call. 919-375-4139.

Scott

Don Sorensen

New User
Butch
Wall Mechanical out of Garner/Clayton
I don't have his card with me, but they do good work at a reasonable price. And Ken Wall is a good guy. At least I think that's his name.

Wall Mechanical Contractors
919-427-7546

glad I looked that up...there's a bunch of Wall Mechanical stuff...
Tell him Don Sorensen refered you. Nobody will get anything out of it. But I'd like him to know.

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
I know it sounds odd, but I got quotes from several companies and then I ended up going through Home Depot. Their sub was excellent and did great work. HD does satisfaction surveys when the work is done, and if the sub doesn't grade out well, they don't get future work. That's a lot of incentive these days...

Forgot to mention that I went from a single unit to an upstairs and a downstairs unit that were sized for an addition that wasn't started yet and also relocated the compressors.

Tim,

I would think about HD or Lowes if it was a straight swap, but I need some intakes added and other ductwork which would scare me to us them.

Don and Scott,

I thank you guys and so far we'll have to see what else comes.

Thanks so far.

timf67

New User
Tim
Tim,

I would think about HD or Lowes if it was a straight swap, but I need some intakes added and other ductwork which would scare me to us them.

Don and Scott,

I thank you guys and so far we'll have to see what else comes.

Thanks so far.

As I said in my first post, the BORG doesn't do the work they farm it out to real HVAC contractors. And my job was far from a straight swap. I added about 1200 sqft of living space HVAC capacity, went from one unit to two units, relocated the compressors, split the ductwork into two floors, and installed a furnace in the attic where one did not exist before. No problems and I would go back in a heartbeat.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Alford Mechanical out of Bunn has done all our commercial and res work for the past two or three years. I highly recommend them. Call Ryan at office 340-0676 or mobile 632-9330.

Hope this helps,
phil

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I have had great experiences with Biggs HVAC, and they are a local Clayton area company.
Dave:)

ACobra289

New User
Bill
No advice on the company as I live in Winston-Salem. But make sure the company you use sizes your new equipment/ducts correctly. Some companies will do it as part of the estimate process, others will want a signed contract before spending the time to do all the measurements and calculations. There are a lot of factors in getting the right size. Sq ft, number/size of rooms, window size/type, insulation in attic/walls/basement, direction house faces, shade and probably several other things I can't think of right now. If a company wants to size based on square feet alone, I'd be leery of them.

Good luck on your search.
Bill

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I have used Bunn heating and air for a couple of jobs, and definitely recommend them. Honest and good prices. I used two other companies for a couple of other jobs and would NOT recommend them. I have not seen them mentioned here.

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
ACobra2 But make sure the company you use sizes your new equipment/ducts correctly. Good luck on your search. Bill[/QUOTE said:
Bill this is a priority for me due to the fact that the people I bought from didn't do this and that's why I have to fix it.

RayH

New User
Ray
Jimmy,

If you are not satisfied with what you find, give Tony Blinson a call at Blinson Service Company in Raleigh. He has done both new construction and add-on work for me with great results.
Good luck.
Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors