Hurricane relief

Status
Not open for further replies.

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
As everyone knows our state tooka huge hit from Hurricane Flo along with SC. WE can not all go to the areas that are in need but we can help with donations. If you are able please help out one of the agencies involved by a monetary donation . Red Cross ....Salvation Army along with many rescue teams and church organizations need our help. Thanksfor taking the time to read this post. :eusa_danc

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
"In partnership with the Food Bank of Central and Eastern North Carolina, ECU has established a donation drop-off location in the lobby of the Willis Building 300 East First Street-which has plenty of adjacent parking. The lobby will be open from 7.30am to 6pm Tuesday-Friday this week and from 9am to 2pm this Saturday (Sept. 22). We will identify the hours for next week in the near term. We can use volunteers to help staff the donation drop off center. Please use the website to register.

Please drop-off “non-perishable” items including:

1. Baby Food
  2. Canned Foods
  3. Plastic bottles or cans of water and non-alcoholic drinks
  4. Dry goods such as cereals, pasta etc.
  5. Diapers
  6. Paper products such as plates, napkins and cups, toilet paper, tissues
  7. Personal Hygiene Kits: Place in a clear sealed storage bag: toothpaste, Toothbrush, soap, shampoo, feminine hygiene products."

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
Please use the ECU Hurricane Recovery website at FlorenceRecovery.ecu.edu , click on the appropriate volunteer icon and complete the volunteer request form. Volunteering options will vary and will change over time.

frankc4113

Frank C
Corporate Member
Hope I don't make any enemies here with this post and don't mean to start some type of incendiary thread. However, before donating, I urge everyone take a look at the operating budgets of any organization you plan on donating to for hurricane Florence disaster relief or for that matter, any other worthwhile cause.
Salvation Army is simply great. All money donated to them goes directly to the intended needs. Look at the track record of the Red Cross and other charities you might donate to for the percentage of the total donation money that actually goes to the the intended cause as well as the charity's operating budget and salaries.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Hope I don't make any enemies here with this post and don't mean to start some type of incendiary thread. However, before donating, I urge everyone take a look at the operating budgets of any organization you plan on donating to for hurricane Florence disaster relief or for that matter, any other worthwhile cause.
Salvation Army is simply great. All money donated to them goes directly to the intended needs. Look at the track record of the Red Cross and other charities you might donate to for the percentage of the total donation money that actually goes to the the intended cause as well as the charity's operating budget and salaries.
Frank - didn't you or someone post a link to a site that showed this information? (I sure can't find it, but I remember seeing it.)

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
I do not know if this helps but in my spare time I am the head of a local church Food Bank that is a partner of
Food Bank of Central and Eastern North Carolina. As far as my agency goes 100% of food collected is distributed to those who need it and any money received is used to purchase food or equipment we need (freezer blanks, bags, shelving, refrigerators,coolers.....)

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
I do not know if this helps but in my spare time I am the head of a local church Food Bank that is a partner of
Food Bank of Central and Eastern North Carolina. As far as my agency goes 100% of food collected is distributed to those who need it and any money received is used to purchase food or equipment we need (freezer blanks, bags, shelving, refrigerators,coolers.....)

So Scott, I am guessing you are (at least the Church food bank is) close to the effort (in ENC) - do you know what they need and how best to get in touch with them?

frankc4113

Frank C
Corporate Member
No Hank, it wasn't me who posted anything before about the charities. I even was reluctant to do the posting I did in that there may be people here who have very strong feelings in the other direction and I didn't want in to become a contentious post.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
From a Food Bank perspective these are best items to drop off. You can also call one of the agencies listed here and see if they have any specific needs:http://blog.foodbankcenc.org/wordpress/find-help-hurricane-florence/

· High-protein canned meals with pop-top cans (ravioli, soups, spaghetti)
· Paper goods and products (paper towels/plates/cups/napkins, plastic utensils)
· Diapers
· Hygiene products (shampoo, soap, toothpaste, toothbrushes, hand sanitizer, etc.)
· Single serving meals that do not require refrigeration or cooking/meals ready to eat
· Single serving snacks such as raisins & granola bars
· Peanut Butter
· Cleaning supplies and disinfectant wipes

Sealeveler

Tony
Corporate Member
On the way back home from evacuating I stopped at my local fire department
and the Salvation Army was already serving meals and had cases of water, bleach
and other food items. I finally got power restored Saturday. Since I returned home
i’ve ate a few of their meals. I try to donate to them whenever I go to town.
Tony.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS