Howdy

Status
Not open for further replies.

donaldball

New User
Donald
Howdy, folks. I'm new to woodworking, but after building four solid sets of basement shelves for myself and various family members, I suspect I'm in danger of acquiring a hobby. I work in software development all day, so it's a nice change of pace to create physical things in the real world.

I'm in a townhouse in Durham, with a small dedicated workroom in the basement. My project list includes built-in shelves, a kitchen work table for my son, and a desktop for me.

Steve_Honeycutt

Chat Administartor
Steve
This is one of the most knowledgeable and friendly groups on woodworking and other topics. We really like pictures. Works in progress (WIP), finished projects, tools, shops, etc. all make for interesting posts. Ask lots of questions and post often.

Steve

MarvinWatkins

New User
Marvin Watkins
Welcome aboard Donald. Just think of it as changing toolboxes. Instead of bits, bytes, algorithms and syntax, you get to use some physical tools. I can relate, I'm in the IT business as well, infrastructure and DB development. It is good to have something physical to show for your hard work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors