Howdy

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeepinmatt

New User
Matt
My name is Matt and I'm from Stanley NC. My background is mechanical engineering, and I've always worked with metal, but I've done a little with wood here and there. I love being outdoors and in the woods.

It seems here lately I've been hauling off alot of wood for friends and neighbors. I'm self-employed, and business is slow, so I have a bit of free time right now, so thats definitely a contributing factor. I've turned alot of it into firewood, but I've got enough firewood for about 7-8 years, so I'd like to learn what else I can do with the wood. I've got a metal lathe and mill, but the extent of my woodworking is limited to bandsaws and sanders. I look forward to learning from the vast pool of knowledge and experience on this site.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Welcome to the site, Matt!

You are correct, in that there is in fact a wealth of woodworking knowledge right here at your keyboard (NCww'er):wsmile:.

We enjoy reading each others posts and especially viewing pictures of projects both completed as well as in process.

I look forward to your ongoing participation.

Have fun and stay safe around those power tools!

Wayne

sapwood

New User
Roger
Welcome to NCWWer, Matt!
And I envy your firewood stash :jealous:
With judicious use my firewood pile may last another week :mrgreen:

Roger

Dragon

New User
David
Welcome Matt. You're sure to find answers to your questions here and quite possibly a few in your locale willing to help out. :icon_cheers

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Welcome Matt, I am glad you could join us. I look forward to your input in the forums. Get yourself a wood lathe and that firewood pile will look like a gold mine.

See you around!!!

Dave:)

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Welcome to the site Matt. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap I'm glad you could join us. :icon_thum

Get yourself a wood lathe and that firewood pile will look like a gold mine.

+1 :thumbs_up

jeepinmatt

New User
Matt
Thanks for the warm welcome guys. Im not sure if a wood lathe would be a good idea, as I already have too many time (and money) consuming hobbies. The conversation with the wife would look alot like this: :argue:

M

McRabbet

Welcome to the best virtual sawdust pile in the Universe, Matt. We look forward to your participation in the forums and seeing some pictures of the fruits of your labors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors